Our Ms. Pepe....

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Is 22 years old today! :bday: :celebrate:

Ms. Pepe is the last of the original RugCats and she's the last "kitten" from Whisper's last litter many, many years ago. Her brother, BooBoo passed away a couple years ago. We were hoping that they would keep each other company for many years. Pepe is our longest-lived RugCat.

Pepe is in renal failure and we have her on special Royal Canin wet and dry food; the cats only drink bottled water. She still has a great appetite. While she sleeps a lot, she still has spurts of energy and then she and Amber will chase each other around the living room. I had the red laser light out the other night for the cats to play and she was running around (slowly) trying to "catch" the dot.

Pepe's favorite sleeping spot, other than our laps, is a corner of the sofa. The other morning, I was getting ready for work and I heard this awful yelling coming from the living room. I ran out to see what the heck was going on. Well, The Beast was lying on the couch.....in Pepe's spot. And there was Pepe, standing right next to her, like a little bulldog, standing her ground and giving The Beast what-for! Such yelling and carrying on. And then, Pepe started poking Jackie in the neck, trying to get her to move. Jackie just lay there, looking over at Pepe and probably thinking, "Seriously? Well, what are YOU gonna do?" Pepe was screaming and poking the dog's neck for all she was worth.

I had to smile. She was hilarious. I told Jackie to get her butt off the couch. She got down, Pepe moved into her spot, looked at me, looked at Jackie, give one final "YEOW!" flopped her butt down, curled up and went to sleep. And Jackie looked at me, "What just happened here?" I looked at her and said, "Cats come first! It's the law! You know that!" She grumbled, but got in her bed and lay down.

And there was peace in the house once again.

Happy Birthday, Pepe-Girl! :redheartpump:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Winchester Winchester Please tell Ms. Pepe HAPPY BIRTHDAY for me! What a wonderful milestone! I hope my girls make it to year 20+! I love the story of her telling the dog off. Floey was exactly like that in her elder years-wasn't afraid to tell someone off if they were in her spot. Because she ruled the roost.

:bday::celebrate::bday::celebrate:

:beerchug::dazzler::dunce::jester::party3::party2:

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for thinking of our Pepe! She's quite the kitty and she's not afraid to tell us when she's hungry. Or needs some attention. Or a warm lap. Or anything else.

She appreciates the birthday wishes! Thanks!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy birthday to the very beautiful Ms. Pepe. She's the queen of the house and no queen should tolerate anyone taking her (second) favorite napping spot. You show the beast who is boss!! I'm sure that Boo was watching his sister reign supreme with great amusement and much affection (RIP dear Boo :rbheart:).

Many happy, healthy returns to you, sweet girl! :hugs:

:celebrate: :bday: :bunnydance: