Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Our Ms. Pepe....

Discussion in 'The Cat's Meow' started by Winchester, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Winchester

Winchester Thread Starter TCS Member Veteran

Aug 28, 2009
    In the kitchen
    Is 22 years old today! :bday: :celebrate:

Ms. Pepe is the last of the original RugCats and she's the last "kitten" from Whisper's last litter many, many years ago. Her brother, BooBoo passed away a couple years ago. We were hoping that they would keep each other company for many years. Pepe is our longest-lived RugCat.

Pepe is in renal failure and we have her on special Royal Canin wet and dry food; the cats only drink bottled water. She still has a great appetite. While she sleeps a lot, she still has spurts of energy and then she and Amber will chase each other around the living room. I had the red laser light out the other night for the cats to play and she was running around (slowly) trying to "catch" the dot.

Pepe's favorite sleeping spot, other than our laps, is a corner of the sofa. The other morning, I was getting ready for work and I heard this awful yelling coming from the living room. I ran out to see what the heck was going on. Well, The Beast was lying on the couch.....in Pepe's spot. And there was Pepe, standing right next to her, like a little bulldog, standing her ground and giving The Beast what-for! Such yelling and carrying on. And then, Pepe started poking Jackie in the neck, trying to get her to move. Jackie just lay there, looking over at Pepe and probably thinking, "Seriously? Well, what are YOU gonna do?" Pepe was screaming and poking the dog's neck for all she was worth.

I had to smile. She was hilarious. I told Jackie to get her butt off the couch. She got down, Pepe moved into her spot, looked at me, looked at Jackie, give one final "YEOW!" flopped her butt down, curled up and went to sleep. And Jackie looked at me, "What just happened here?" I looked at her and said, "Cats come first! It's the law! You know that!" She grumbled, but got in her bed and lay down.

And there was peace in the house once again.

Happy Birthday, Pepe-Girl! :redheartpump:

Docs Mom, raysmyheart, kat0121 and 7 others purraised this.

2. jcat

jcat Mo(w)gli's can opener Staff Member Moderator

Feb 13, 2003
    Mo(w)gli Monster's Lair
    Wow! :bday: Ms. Pepe!:celebrate:

Docs Mom, 1CatOverTheLine, kat0121 and 3 others purraised this.

3. neely

neely TCS Member Staff Member Forum Helper

Dec 22, 2005
    Happy 22nd Birthday to Ms Pepe! :party2: I don't blame her for wanting to snooze and watch the world go by. :jive:

Docs Mom, kat0121, Winchester and 2 others purraised this.

4. artiemom

artiemom Artie, my buddy Top Cat

Dec 22, 2014
    near Boston
    :celebrate::celebrate: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MS PEPE!!!:bday::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate:

:bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance: :dance::dance::dance::musicnote::musicnote::musicnote::jester::jester::jester::woohoo::woohoo:
    :clapcat: :clapcat:

You go girl!! Tell that Dog who is BOSS....:dancingblackcat:

Docs Mom, kat0121, neely and 4 others purraised this.

5. micknsnicks2mom

micknsnicks2mom TCS Member Top Cat

Feb 15, 2014
    ...with the cats...
    wishing Ms Pepe a very Happy 22nd Birthday......:bday: and sending very gentle scritchins to your girl......:redheartpump:

Docs Mom, kat0121, neely and 3 others purraised this.

6. 1CatOverTheLine

1CatOverTheLine TCS Member Top Cat

Feb 6, 2017
    Olcott Beach, N.Y.
    @Winchester - Lance and Peanut - who'll turn 21 in just 51 days' time - both wish Ms. Pepe a very happy birthday. Congratulations, Ms. Pepe - and many happy returns!

Docs Mom, kat0121, neely and 3 others purraised this.

7. betsygee

betsygee Don't believe everything you think. Staff Member Moderator

Mar 17, 2013
    Monterey, CA, USA
    I love the couch story--Ms. Pepe's still got it! :devilcat2:

Happy Birthday--22 year is quite a milestone. :celebrate: :party3: :bday: :party2:

Docs Mom, 1CatOverTheLine, kat0121 and 3 others purraised this.

8. lorie d.

lorie d. TCS Member Top Cat

Sep 2, 2001
    Upper Midwest (SE MN)
    :party2: Ms. Pepe sounds amazing!!!

Docs Mom, kat0121, neely and 2 others purraised this.

9. Kreatorcat

Kreatorcat TCS Member Alpha Cat

Jan 1, 2018
    DFW
    Me too! Happy birthday to the magnificent Ms.Pepe! A grand dame in the cat world.

10. foxxycat

foxxycat TCS Member Top Cat

Jan 31, 2014
    Portsmouth NH
    @Winchester Please tell Ms. Pepe HAPPY BIRTHDAY for me! What a wonderful milestone! I hope my girls make it to year 20+! I love the story of her telling the dog off. Floey was exactly like that in her elder years-wasn't afraid to tell someone off if they were in her spot. Because she ruled the roost.

:bday::celebrate::bday::celebrate:

:beerchug::dazzler::dunce::jester::party3::party2:

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Docs Mom, 1CatOverTheLine, kat0121 and 2 others purraised this.

11. Kreatorcat

Kreatorcat TCS Member Alpha Cat

Jan 1, 2018
    DFW
    Mr.Pepe respectfully request Ms.Pepe accompany him to dinner on her birthday. He may only be 12 years old,but he promises to be a gentleman.

image1 (2).png

12. Winchester

Aug 28, 2009
    In the kitchen
    Ms. Pepe says "Thank You!" and she would be honored to have dinner with such a handsome and distinguished young man!

This was taken last summer when she was sitting in the living room window.

[​IMG]

13. Winchester

Aug 28, 2009
    In the kitchen
    Thank you for thinking of our Pepe! She's quite the kitty and she's not afraid to tell us when she's hungry. Or needs some attention. Or a warm lap. Or anything else.

She appreciates the birthday wishes! Thanks!

Docs Mom and kat0121 purraised this.

14. kat0121

kat0121 Advisor Staff Member Advisor

Feb 23, 2014
    Sunny Florida
    Happy birthday to the very beautiful Ms. Pepe. She's the queen of the house and no queen should tolerate anyone taking her (second) favorite napping spot. You show the beast who is boss!! I'm sure that Boo was watching his sister reign supreme with great amusement and much affection (RIP dear Boo :rbheart:).

Many happy, healthy returns to you, sweet girl! :hugs:

:celebrate: :bday: :bunnydance:

Winchester, Docs Mom and 1CatOverTheLine purraised this.

15. raysmyheart

raysmyheart TCS Member Top Cat

Jan 21, 2015
    Massachusetts
    Happy Birthday Ms. Pepe!!! That is wonderful! All the best from @raysmyheart and Speedy!! I could picture everything as it was happening @Winchester, the sofa incident. Ms. Pepe said it all when she did say YEOW!!! She knows what's right is right! Sending Ms. Pepe a hug .....:hugs: :heartshape:

Winchester, Docs Mom, kat0121 and 1 other person purraised this.

16. blueyedgirl5946

blueyedgirl5946 TCS Member Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    She is absolutely beautiful. Happy birthday, girl. You have aged well.

Winchester and Docs Mom purraised this.

17. Docs Mom

Docs Mom TCS Member Alpha Cat

Dec 13, 2010
    Lafayette, IN
    Yes! Ms. Pepe looks wonderful for a lady of her age. Especially since she has CRF !

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ms Pepe !!!

:greenpaw::bluepaw::greenpaw::bluepaw::greenpaw::bluepaw::greenpaw::bluepaw::greenpaw::bluepaw::greenpaw::bluepaw::greenpaw::bluepaw:

Lisa & Maggie ( a young lady nearly 19 yrs. old with CRF)

kat0121, 1CatOverTheLine and Winchester purraised this.

18. surya

surya TCS Member Top Cat

Aug 23, 2010
    Houston
    Happy Birthday to Beautiful Ms. Pepe!