Announcement Our Moderator Tricia (jcat) Passed Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphakitty

Beeqie - Sly Kitty - 2017
Young Cat
Purraise
With heavy hearts The Cat Site Team regrets to announce our moderator Tricia jcat jcat passed away on March 25th after a long illness. Her dry wit, extensive knowledge, pragmatism and generous spirit will be deeply missed.

As well as being a long time, active member of our TCS community Tricia devoted much of her life to helping animals. After she retired from teaching, she immediately became a full-time volunteer at her local shelter, Tierstation Plüderhausen in Germany, where she helped to care for animals looking for their forever homes, as well as to enrich the lives of those who spent the rest of their days in the shelter.

We have decided to make a donation to the shelter in Tricia's memory. Donations can be sent via paypal to [email protected]. If you would prefer, you can donate directly by ordering from their Amazon wish list: Sehen Sie sich meine Liste bei Amazon an!

Our lives go on without you
But nothing is the same
We have to hide our heartache
When someone speaks your name
Sad are the hearts that love you
Silent are the tears that fall
Living without you is the hardest part of all
You did so many things for us
Your heart was so kind and true
And when we needed someone
We could always count on you
The special years will not return
When we are all together
But with the love in our hearts
You walk with us forever.

Author Unknown
JCat although I don't know of you, may Hashem be pleased with your soul. It is we, who are remain behind that grieve for your passing. And hopefully your aclevity was not too unpleasent to endure..

I too am grieving, my beloved Lady of 40 years passed away from Covid Feb 10, 2021 at 1:17am, while I was again adminstering 'hospice-care comfort-pack' morphine 'putting her to sleep', so that she would not suffer a long meandering and unpleasnt death. My wife's best friend of 57 years, upon learning of her passing, suffered a massive stroke, and she passed away two days later. Its been a really tough time for everyone, the world over. May the darkness be illuminated with the Light of Love.

Dear JCat, may your trials and tribulations be over, and that a new dawn awaits your lovely and good spirited heart.

Sincerely...Alpha_Kitty

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
JCat although I don't know of you, may Hashem be pleased with your soul. It is we, who are remain behind that grieve for your passing. And hopefully your aclevity was not too unpleasent to endure..

I too am grieving, my beloved Lady of 40 years passed away from Covid Feb 10, 2021 at 1:17am, while I was again adminstering 'hospice-care comfort-pack' morphine 'putting her to sleep', so that she would not suffer a long meandering and unpleasnt death. My wife's best friend of 57 years, upon learning of her passing, suffered a massive stroke, and she passed away two days later. Its been a really tough time for everyone, the world over. May the darkness be illuminated with the Light of Love.

Dear JCat, may your trials and tribulations be over, and that a new dawn awaits your lovely and good spirited heart.

Sincerely...Alpha_Kitty
*My heartfelt condolences for your loss.* Yes, this life is but a pale and poor substitute for what we hope and pray we will find in time. Beyond the Veil are so many, many loved ones!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Sincerely...Alpha_Kitty
Words cannot express how sorry I am for your loss. I hate COVID and how we have lost so many lives to it, and for those of us left behind in its wake. Especially those like you who have lost a loved one.

Tricia was a wonderful person. She was a true champion for animals, caring for everything from cats to hedgehogs, you name the animal and she would have had a place in her heart for it. I never met her in person, but wish all the world could be so kind. RIP, our dear friend.

movinintime

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A part of ALL of us dies when a beloved animal caretaker passes. I didn't know her well but from what I gather I'm sure there's no one who can replace Tricia here. May she Rest In Peace with ALL the kitties gone before her and I only hope I can be a tiny portion as good to cats as she was on here.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just logged in after an absence, and found out about this terrible loss. I am shocked! jcat was a great part of this community, and a much appreciated moderator; a giving person. My condolences and wishes for comfort for her loved ones during this terrible time.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to share a few memories that I have of jcat jcat , which will always stay with me. :bluepaw:
I found her posts to be very informative, not only for cat information, news articles, and general knowledge, but also for many non-cat related things such as computer problems, programs or apps which helped out a lot.

When I first joined, I remember sending a flag for a post that I noticed, and Tricia, jcat, sent me a short PM just mentioning it, and that she took care of it. But what stands out, is that it was around the time of 'daylight savings time' changes...and she used the word "discombobulated".
I thought that word was the 'coolest word ever' and so precise...in how a lot of us were feeling in that week. She just seemed so down to earth, kind, and funny, too.
Somehow, whenever I hear that word, again, I think of her.:)

There was a thread by a previous moderator at the time, named @ blueyedgirl5946, in which she was talking about guitars, and cleaning fret boards.
I remember asking them both a question, about guitar playing, and youtube videos.
And they were both so informative, and kind, in taking the time to answer.
jcat mentioned that her husband played guitar for a long time, and that even he thought the youtube videos were good for practicing and learning more.:musicnote:

One other thing that I recall, also happened around the time I first joined, and was on a 'babble thread'.
It was a game thread but still had certain simple rules to follow, like not making consecutive posts.
I'm not sure about if other Mods did this, but I kind of remember that jcat would post a "black cartoon halloween cat" that would kind of jump out at you, and kind of scare you and take your breath away.
It definitely got ALL of our attention, and needless to say, we'd all try to pay better attention to the game rules, after that.
It was both scary and uniquely humourous, after the fact,...much like watching a scary movie.:bigeyes:

My condolences to all the Moderators and Team members, here, who knew her so much more than any of us. May your Grief and Loss be not as sorrowful, for long, and may you find Joy, Peace and Love in the good memories you shared together with jcat, Tricia.
To her family and friends, too, may they find Strength and Peace, moving forward without her physically here.
Tricia, jcat, ....Thanks for just being you. ❤
And know that you touched so many people on this international cat site, with your wisdom, work and guidance.:bluepaw:
May your beautiful Energy spread throughout this world and the next, the universe, and with the animals too, in heaven and beyond.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Tricia was like a big sister to the other moderators. She had been here longer than any of us and always knew the best way to handle things. I admired the way she kept her cool and remained impartial, no matter what we were faced with.

She was one of the first people that responded to my thread when I first joined 8 TCS years ago. I was heart broken over losing George and Tricia kept my spirits up by suggesting how to go about finding him.

I never found George, but I did find TCS and all the wonderful people who post here.

I always enjoyed reading Tricia's posts about the shelter she worked at in Germany. She'd done so much to help animals, people who devote their lives to caring for animals that way really are inspirational. She was a very special human being and I feel lucky to have known her, even if it was only virtually.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Tricia was an invaluable member of the TCS team and a very special person. We were touched by Tricia's presence here and are all better because of it. I encourage you to make a difference in a stray animal's life in her honor.

Donations may be sent via paypal to [email protected] or you can donate directly by ordering from their Amazon wish list: Sehen Sie sich meine Liste bei Amazon an!

We're locking this thread now. Rest in peace, dear Tricia. :rbheart:

Status
Not open for further replies.