Announcement Our Moderator Tricia (jcat) Passed Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
With heavy hearts The Cat Site Team regrets to announce our moderator Tricia jcat jcat passed away on March 25th after a long illness. Her dry wit, extensive knowledge, pragmatism and generous spirit will be deeply missed.

As well as being a long time, active member of our TCS community Tricia devoted much of her life to helping animals. After she retired from teaching, she immediately became a full-time volunteer at her local shelter, Tierstation Plüderhausen in Germany, where she helped to care for animals looking for their forever homes, as well as to enrich the lives of those who spent the rest of their days in the shelter.

We have decided to make a donation to the shelter in Tricia's memory. Donations can be sent via paypal to [email protected]. If you would prefer, you can donate directly by ordering from their Amazon wish list: Sehen Sie sich meine Liste bei Amazon an!

Our lives go on without you
But nothing is the same
We have to hide our heartache
When someone speaks your name
Sad are the hearts that love you
Silent are the tears that fall
Living without you is the hardest part of all
You did so many things for us
Your heart was so kind and true
And when we needed someone
We could always count on you
The special years will not return
When we are all together
But with the love in our hearts
You walk with us forever.

Author Unknown

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's incredibly tragic. She was a wonderful and invaluable member of the site and will be missed so much. My thoughts and prayers are with her loved ones. :(

Edit: this made me realize I hadn't seen her around in a while, so I checked her profile and her very last post was congratulating me on J's birth, a celebration of new life. It seems very bittersweet. :redheartpump:

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG... I am shocked..
JCat was so supportive of me, when Artie was going through his longstanding issues...
and then With Geoffrey..

Such a good person..
The world has lost her, but the heavens have found a new star to light the way.... and there here anther Angel in the Rainbow Bridge for our Kitties.......

love and condolences to the moderators, and Tricia's family and friends....

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My memory of Tricia, besides her devotion to animals, was her love of reading. She was a regular poster in the books and reading thread, and I would always marvel at the wide range of genres she would read, especially when she'd go from a cozy mystery to a true crime book about a serial killer. Miss you, Tricia. :hearthrob:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never even knew her real name until today, but Tricia was definitely a strong, helpful and caring presence on this site. So sorry for everyone's loss. My condolences to her family, friends and the many furry friends she undoubtedly helped and loved in her lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.