Our "little Yellow" Very Young Mother Cat

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
By the way,to those that have been following my story of "little yellow" and her babies, here is an update:

As most of you know, we have captured Little Yellow and her babies into our control.
Over the last number days we have been successful in integrating them into our other seven member cat family. Our family has now expanded to 10 members, just like we hoped would happen! There are still some occasional "burps" but not many.
The babies are still quite spooked when they see us. But they are beginning to warm up up to us, a little at at a time.
Sheila and I are Happy Campers, having Little Yellow,MC2 and Yellow2 safely in our family!
I'll try to update as often as possible.
Regards,
George&Sheila
Awww...that's fabulous! Your domestic cats will be a big help in getting the kittens over their fears. :lovecat:

MC surely does look like the probable father to the kittens.

Happy to hear things are going well. :)

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is such great news!

Are you planning to get them to the vet for vaccines, deworming, and fixing soon?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

George T

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awww...that's fabulous! Your domestic cats will be a big help in getting the kittens over their fears. :lovecat:

MC surely does look like the probable father to the kittens.

Happy to hear things are going well. :)
Hi "orange&white,
Thanks for your reply.

We are thrilled that things have gone so smoothy. Not even one "cat fight" has occurred. And that's great new!
Only problem is that one of our male cats has started "marking" his territory. He has never done this in the past. But we have had cat's in our past that caused lots of problems. Hope we can cure our " Budda Kitty's" marking

We have faced this problem in the past, but not over the last number of years. I'm hoping that we can stop this "marking" from happening soon.

Other than that, things have gone FAR better than I expected!

Regards,
George&Sheila

George T

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update on our "Little Yellow" thread for all those following our story:

All is going well for Little Yellow, Yellow2 and MC2. They are settling in with our other seven cats very nicely. No major issues on both sides so far. Thank you God, for helping things to work out like I had hoped would happen!

Little Yellow had spent time discovering her new home. But she is still spooked out at bit when moving around among our other cats. Our other cat's have accepted her, no problem.

Yellow2 and MC2 are settling in also. They are now familiar with most of our pool patio area along with most of the inside portions of our house. And they both really enjoy our two cat trees, one in the house and the other out on the patio.

Yellow2(he's a male) is making up to me now. Been able to get within a couple of feet from him. Soon I'll have the chance to give him some loving touches. MC2 it not as comfortable with closeness to me just yet. But she/he is starting to warm up to me and let me get closer to her before she goes into retreat.

From time to time I'll add updates to our "cat house" adventures!

Regards,
George&Sheila

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
For budda kitty, would some over the counter calming treats help?
For example several companies make calming treats, --one is called Composure, some companies have collars, there are sprays, diffusers, wipes, and each company takes a different approach to their formula and ingredients.

George T

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
For budda kitty, would some over the counter calming treats help?
For example several companies make calming treats, --one is called Composure, some companies have collars, there are sprays, diffusers, wipes, and each company takes a different approach to their formula and ingredients.
Hi Furballsmom,
I wasn't aware of those calming treats. Will definitely look into that. Thanks for the tip!
Regards,
George

George T

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone,
It's been a while since I posted anything about how things are going with Little Yellow, Yellow2 and MC2.

They are all doing very well. And they are growing FAST! Still not able to love on MC2 as he/she is still not comfortable with touching. But Yellow 2 is starting to come around and allows me to rub her on occasions. Depends on what is going around at the time. Anyway, encouraging to be making progress.

Only problem is the fact that mother Little Yellow is not comfortable mixing in with our other cats. It's an ongoing issue that changes from day to day. Some days things go well, then she "spooks out" again and runs for cover. Then re appears later. This is an ongoing problem that changes back and forth. I'm hoping that after enough time things will smooth out for her.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to help Little Yellow to become more comfortable with our other cats?
Any suggestions would be appreciated!

I'll post some pictures soon to show how the "babies" have grown.

Regards,
George&Sheila

George T

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Has she been spayed yet? That will make quite a lot of difference.
Not yet. She is still very spooked about being picked up to put into a carrier. I'll have only one chance to get her into a cat carrier. And It's hard to schedule an appointment for the vet if your not sure you can successfully get her into the cat box on the first try. As there will not be another chance to do so till later.

Timing is everything in this adventure with Little Yellow. Her babies have not been a problem integrating them with our other seven cats.
I'll keep you posted.
Regards,
George

George T

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Did you try any calming products for your furbabies?
Yes we did. We got some "composure". It has helped, but not a total cure. The babie's are adjusting quite well, but Little Yellow is struggling some. When she was in the wild with her babies she only had MC, her male doner, to deal with. Now she has seven others pestering her.
As withdrawn as she is, at least there has been no serious cat fight's developing due to all the changes that go with introducing Little Yellow and her babies to our other 7 cat family members.
Stay tuned. I'll post some pictures asap.
Regards,
George&Sheila

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh photos would be wonderful!
You could try Calm-o-mile, it might have more effect. You're doing fabulously!!

George T

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh photos would be wonderful!
You could try Calm-o-mile, it might have more effect. You're doing fabulously!!
Here's some more photos of Yellow 2 and MC2.
I'll look into th eCalm-o-mile. That's a new one to me.
Regards,
George

Attachments