Our lilacs are blooming!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The lilacs bloomed back in the spring. But this particular bush actually has more blooms on it now than it did in the spring. I don't get it. --It's been such a weird year weather-wise. I hope it doesn't hurt the bushes for blooming next spring.

Hi there tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 ! It has been a while! :wave3:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The lilacs bloomed back in the spring. But this particular bush actually has more blooms on it now than it did in the spring. I don't get it. --It's been such a weird year weather-wise. I hope it doesn't hurt the bushes for blooming next spring.

Hi there tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 ! It has been a while! :wave3:
Hey! Glad you're here!
Yeah, I've never seen lilacs bloom in early Autumn but with climate change and crazy weather, who knows?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Had to look that one up. They are beautiful! What color do you have?
I have three pinks but they aren’t the same variety. Two grow wide and fairly low to the ground and the one that bloomed is a tall upright. At my former house I had a bright red one that bloomed all summer and was so beautiful. Don’t know if they come in any other colors.

This is the surprise fall blossom
15969019-BEE3-44ED-8B68-BF9A1CD85150.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have three pinks but they aren’t the same variety. Two grow wide and fairly low to the ground and the one that bloomed is a tall upright. At my former house I had a bright red one that bloomed all summer and was so beautiful. Don’t know if they come in any other colors.

This is the surprise fall blossom
View attachment 398616
Oh, that is gorgeous! I love pink flowers. If you google "wegeila" you'll see the history and origin, and colors.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 I really like your pink color. We have weigelas in the back yard by the pool fence. Ours always do one huge bloom in the summer, but then they'll push a couple new blooms here and there until frost hits. Those things were huge last year, almost as tall as our arbor; we finally cut them back. Ours are Prince-something, a very pretty red. We've had them forever.

MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles We had a cold front move in yesterday and our night temps will get down into 40s now, too. Highs in the 60s. On Saturday? Our high was in the low 80s! In the middle of October! We're still sleeping with the windows open.

posiepurrs posiepurrs That's something about your magnolia!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some people on Facebook (who live in this area) are saying their irises and lilies are blooming too. It's been raining more than it did all year and it has been 70+ degrees during the day so I can't blame them for thinking it's spring!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I picked 3 tomatoes yesterday and there are a ton of green ones out there. I found 3 bean plants growing in the bed I’d already pulled. And lima beans! Finally! There are a lot of blooms too. Most of my potted flowers look sad but still blooming. I won’t empty them yet because they are food for the insects and what not.