Our Hank Is Now Resting In Peace

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We just came home without our little Hank. :angel3: He unfortunately succumbed to his CHF sooner than we had hoped. I know we did everything possible, but it still hurts. :sniffle:
The universe works in mysterious ways though. Thankfully, due to a series of out of the ordinary events, my husband and I were both able to provide him with love and companionship in his final moments. His passing was calm and pain free, with the help of our wonderful vet. :hugs: He will be deeply missed......we miss him already. We love you Hank, we always will. You were one of a kind. :catrub:

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss but so glad that you both were there to send him on his journey, he knows that and loves you both for it and says "thank you for a wonderful life", and you will see him again one day and it will be wonderful.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope that your hearts heal a bit more each day, God Bless.......:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad you were there for him, he had everything his little heart needed, you and your love. He was only in your life for a little while, but the mark he left on it and the memories he leaves behind are tremendous. He will always be bonded to your soul, not even death can take something that never dies, that is spiritual. So send him thoughts of love and happiness, he needs to know you are OK, that you will remember him forever and that you will pass on the legacy of love he left you. Allowing it to spread and grow, allowing him to live on through your thoughts and prayers. Remember how much he loved life, how he made every moment count. And try to pattern your own life after that, knowing that is what he wants fro those he loves so very much.
My heart goes out to you, I know how much this hurts. To lose an innocent is soul wrenching, to lose one such as he is crushing. You made his short little life happy. You gave him the most important thing in it, love and comfort when he needed it the most. For that you will be blessed. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers, take care of yourself......RIP precious Hank. You will always be remembered, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you every one for your kind words. This morning was awful. Walking by his now empty "hospital room", I could not contain my tears. I know we did right by him, but it just seems like it happened too fast. I hope this hurt gets better soon. I've spent so much time and energy caring for him, and as draining and hard as it was, wishing that it would end peacefully for him, I find myself lost. I just don't know what to do with myself anymore. And to make things worse, we sill have our other cat who we are providing palliative care for, so we never know when will be his time. Our third cat has been wandering the house searching for his buddy. He goes into Hank's room and comes out and basically meows at us like "what happened?" It breaks my heart.
We will be donating all of his left over medication so someone who may be less fortunate can hopefully gain some extra time with their little one. We will also give his food and other supplies specific to him that our other cats can't use, to a local shelter to help with their operating costs.
Thanks for reading, I just needed to get some stuff off my chest.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Bless your heart for everything that you're doing and having to go through, it is SO difficult!

I'm wondering if a diffuser or other style of calming product might help your other kitty.
Holy basil might be of use to you to ease the stress a little.
Chamomile tea from the little bags (not loose leaf), up to three cooled tablespoons a couple times a day for your cats, and a cuppa or two for you.

Also, there is this that might help you-all a little;
Grieving

Tabbytastic

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’m so sorry to hear about your little Hank. It brought tears to my eyes. I will be thinking of you in the difficult weeks ahead. I know it hurts so bad right now which is completely understandable as he was so very special to you. There are wonderful people on this site and we are all here for each other to get through the toughest of times. RIP Hank x

sarah c

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry for your heartbreaking loss. We just lost our boy to the same illness and like you are glad we could be there at the end. I think when you have been doting and focusing on an ill cat it does bring a sense of emptiness and suddenly you have all this extra time you don't know what to do with. I guess it's different for people with multiple cats and kids though. My heart is with you as you mourn for Hank.
Rest in Peace Hank.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how conflicting those first few days are, the relief that they are finally at peace, and then the guilt at feeling that relief, sigh.......You really don't know what to do with yourself after all the caregiving, the worry, the schedules. That is what we are here for, to share your pain, to let you know you are not alone. To lose someone you love, especially after caring for them for awhile, is a life changing event. It is one day at a time. Something you have to work through. Feel free to come here anytime, we are always here.......

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that hospicing a terminally ill cat creates a stronger bond between a person and their cat, and when that cat leaves this world to a painless world, that person is understandably confused, and the grief, if possible, is even heavier.

I know that in my case this is what happened, I still can't get over the death of my sweet Lola who passed away 18 months ago. When I think what I was doing for her in her last days, I think that it was absolutely out of ordinary, but the strength of love had me to do that effortlessly. And when she left me, I was in total despair, and I still am.

You, too, did something out of ordinary. This not only could give you some pain, but should also give you a reason to be proud of you, because this was the proof that your heart is made of pure love.
Hank would like to thank you for devoting to him beyond the average, and will protect you from the star he's sitting on, along with his furry friends that are feeling lost now, but soon they will understand that he's fine now.

RIP Hank, you will be missed! :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would like to thank everyone for their continued support and kind words. It's still hard, and I can only expect that it will take time for my thoughts of Hank to be filled with happiness again. Not that I won't still miss him, but that the sadness will be replaced with the wonderful memories he has left us.
I heard him meow yesterday, and it broke my heart all over again. The meow was the one he used when he said hello, or tried to get our attention for some lovin'. The meow also came from the kitchen, right after I put his favorite toy with his dish in my display cabinet. The toy, had been lost for months but I found it over the weekend....or maybe he found it for me. I hope that was him telling me that he's happy where he is, that he's playing again.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The toy, had been lost for months but I found it over the weekend....or maybe he found it for me. I hope that was him telling me that he's happy where he is, that he's playing again.
Other persons had the same luck, the same good sign, after their cat had gone.
Yes, Hank wanted you to know that he's fine, he has plenty of new friends to play with, that he doesn't need the toy anymore.
He wants you to have it, so that you know that he's next to you always!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Hank, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

Hank took his last steps on this Journey and his first on his New Adventure just exactly as I would hope I someday will...with those I love nearby to send me on my way with their blessings and good wishes. Love does not die, you know. Love only changes form and continues on, still love. Love abides, and Hank is with you still.