Our family tabby Cosmo

Ctriggs5

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’ve been a lurker on the forums for quite some time. For me I wanted my first post to be about our family cat Cosmo who gave us an incredible 11 years. He was such a loving, energetic, calm cat to our family. He truly loved the outdoors and his brother and sister. Always licking them, always around the family, loved sitting on the deck. We brought Cosmo home from Petsmart 11 years ago after we lost our cat of 17 years. Unfortunately our cat was going to the veterinarian for a routine check and was given a steroid shot for some wheezing in the lungs when he suddenly died within 20 minutes upon bringing him home. I’m in complete disbelief. I can say that reading others posts and the prior post in this forum it has certainly eased my pain knowing that he is in a good place. I am really at a loss of words right now. Heartbroken. Until we meet again our beloved Cosmo. Thank you all.

Attachments

Box of Rain

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
May Cosmo's memory always be a blessing to you.

Losing a beloved pet very suddenly is especially hard. I'm sorry.

As coincidence would have it, I once had a magnificent Weimaraner (dog) named Cosmo. He was a champ!

Sorry for your loss.

Bill

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Cosmo, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

Truly, there will be a reuniting for you. And this is the deepest Truth I know...that love never dies, it is translated and purified into Love, and continues on. Now, from his new home in That Place Where All Things Are Known, Cosmo blesses you and sends his Love back to you, to walk beside you down through all your days until you meet again. For Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so very sorry for the pain you are going through right now, the shock and horror of losing a loved one so quickly is especially crushing. The bond love you developed over those eleven years will hold him close to your soul, love is spiritual, so eternal. Please concentrate on the happy times you spent with him, celebrate having him in your life. To be loved and remembered after death is a great honor. He would not want to be the cause of pain for someone he loves so much. Go forward into the future and live it as you would want for him if you were the first to go, that is love.
His soul is safe and at peace because he carries your love within his heart. it takes a long time to heal a broken heart, let more love dull the sharp edges of grief, and the knowledge that you gave him what he wanted most in this world soothe your pain, you gave him a loving home and someone for him to love who loved him back. He gave you one of this world's greatest treasures, a cat's love.....RIP sweet Cosmo. You will be dearly missed, you will always have a secure place in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Cosmo was such a beautiful kitty! I'm so very sorry. A sudden death like that is such a shock and so hard to understand and accept. My heart goes out to you. :hugs:

Rest in peace, sweet boy. :rbheart:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Very very sorry about Cosmo. Did your vet say it was due to the shot or the wheezing? All we can do is our best, and you did it in spades. You can tell from the photos just how loving he was…I am sure a great dollop of that was due to the 11 good years you gave him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ctriggs5

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Very very sorry about Cosmo. Did your vet say it was due to the shot or the wheezing? All we can do is our best, and you did it in spades. You can tell from the photos just how loving he was…I am sure a great dollop of that was due to the 11 good years you gave him.
thank you so much. We really are left with the unknown. Our little buddy Looks like he had lost a couple pounds over the past month or so but continue to eat regularly and had been acting completely normal so we wanted to get him taken a look at. Between the time left home yesterday and he was taken to the vet while at the veterinarian, the vet suggested that he was having some crackling and wheezing had x-rays taken but it was all chalked up to be a upper respiratory infection. None of this was present when he left the home. By the time we got home not even 15 to 20 minutes he started to have his tongue out, eyes dilated, secretions and bloody secretion started and before you know it within minutes he passed. A true shock to us all. He was truly a sweetheart. The last 30 hours have been tough but this too shall pass.

Attachments