Our EXOTIC furbabies part 2

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh for sure, I will let everyone know how it goes. We already had one court case, but lost that one, but not because we did not have a case. Now we filed an appeal and the case will be heard in front of a panel of judges, not just one. With this appeal, all the previous testimony will be open to the public, including the witness statements from the care taker at the Thompson farm, who saw many of the cats shot execution style while they were still in their enclosures, the following day!! This whole thing was a setup.

Yes, I knew Mr Thomspon. I met him in person a few years ago. One thing is for sure, he would NOT have done this to the animals he loved.

Last edited:

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh for sure, I will let everyone know how it goes.

Yay and thanks so much. I really can't wait to hear, what happens. I am sure, you can't either
!

We already had one court case, but lost that one, but not because we did not have a case.

Are you allowed to say, why, you lost the court case? Again, yes, I am very very very curious.

Now we filed an appeal and the case will be heard in front of a panel of judges, not just one.

That is great, that, you will get to appeal it. But, it is even better, that, you can appeal it to more then one judge.

With this appeal, all the previous testimony will be open to the public,

The public, like, the people in Ohio? Or, the general public and/or anyone interested in the case?

including the witness statements from the care taker at the Thompson farm, who saw many of the cats shot execution style while they were still in their enclosures, the following day!! This whole thing was a setup.

Yes, the whole thing, sounded like a setup. Since, why, would ANYONE cut the cages/enclosures of animals, that, THEY have KEYS FOR! 

Yes, I knew Mr Thomspon. I met him in person a few years ago. One thing is for sure, he would NOT have done this to the animals he loved.

I only ask, since, I have heard, VERY DIFFERENT accounts of Mr. Thomson. With in the exotic animal community mind you. So, that is why I asked. Since, clearly, I have NO first hand experience/dealing with Mr. Thomson. Though, everyone agrees, that, Mr. Thomson did NOT let the animals lose!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you allowed to say, why, you lost the court case? Again, yes, I am very very very curious.
I guess it has to do with yes, the state does have a right to ban something or make laws regarding issues. But that was not the point of the whole lawsuit. The state can ban, but they should have allowed a grandfather clause for current owners and they did not. They made the laws and regulations so strict, some of them so strict that no one will be able to keep their animals. The state wants everyone to get rid of their animals period. That is why they built that death camp for them in Reynoldsburgh. The state says they will find homes for them, but we know that is a lie. Any animal that is taken to that facilty will be killed.
The public, like, the people in Ohio? Or, the general public and/or anyone interested in the case?
Anyone, not just Ohio. We hope the media will get a hold of it and show the truth, but doubt they will, since we know how the media is.
sounded like a setup. Since, why, would ANYONE cut the cages/enclosures of animals, that, THEY have KEYS FOR!
Exactly!! It would have been easier and much faster just to remove the doors. Ok, here is more. Why...and I ask why, would a person who killed themselves, pull down his pants and are you ready...CUT OFF HIS TESTICLES?? Why was there chicken scattered around his body?? The cats were fed that day prior to this whole massacre. Why was the gun registered to the sheriff?? Who were the so called "hunters" found on the property and why were they just asked to leave and NOT held for questioning?
I only ask, since, I have heard, VERY DIFFERENT accounts of Mr. Thomson. With in the exotic animal community mind you. So, that is why I asked. Since, clearly, I have NO first hand experience/dealing with Mr. Thomson. Though, everyone agrees, that, Mr. Thomson did NOT let the animals lose!
I don't know a whole lot about his personal life. Yeah, he did have some issues with the law in regards to ownership of some illegal guns. And yes, many people ask why did he have so many animals, when he wasn't running a sanctuary. BUT, the animals were cared for and loved. I have my own theory as to what may have happened that day. It is only that, a theory, so I won't post it so as to not falsely accuse anyone of any wrong doing. I guess it really doesn't matter how anymore. The poor animals are dead, including some tiger CUBS, who were shot in their enclosures harming no one. Nothing will bring those poor souls back. The bridge was busy that day, but all those animals are now at peace with the person who cared for and loved them

Last edited:

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess it has to do with yes, the state does have a right to ban something or make laws regarding issues.

I sadly agree 

But that was not the point of the whole lawsuit.

So I see, now that is 
. I thought, everyone, was suing to keep the right to get/keep exotic animals.

The state can ban, but they should have allowed a grandfather clause for current owners and they did not.

I  thought and quite incorrectly mind you, that, you where all suing to keep your rights, to keep exotic cats. Now, is that even possible to do? I am thinking no. But, sometimes my thinking and spelling leave something to be desired 

They made the laws and regulations so strict, some of them so strict that no one will be able to keep their animals.

That is very very sad and upsetting IMHO!

The state wants everyone to get rid of their animals period.

Now, I was figuring that was the case 
. I am really starting to get 
 with this country (USA). 

That is why they built that death camp for them in Reynoldsburgh.

I just find that so 
 that I could 

The state says they will find homes for them, but we know that is a lie.

1) Who is going to adopt them? I mean, there are not many legal states left. 2) Who is going to want some else's exotic animal? I mean, the animal is not going to be tame, for, the new owner. There are NOT many people, in my humble opinion, that, would take on a "second hand" or previously owned exotic animal, for, the rest of that animals life 

Any animal that is taken to that facilty will be killed.

I agree with you completely. Do you or anyone else have proof, like of that statement to show the judges?

Anyone, not just Ohio.

I would LOVE to get the notes from the stenographer on that court case 
. Or, whatever, I can get via FOILING the case/lawsuit!

We hope the media will get a hold of it and show the truth, but doubt they will, since we know how the media is.

Yea, I completely agree. I am just so 
 tired of our "free country"!

Exactly!! It would have been easier and much faster just to remove the doors.

I really hope, that, was brought up in the first trial and will be in the second trial!

Ok, here is more. Why...and I ask why, would a person who killed themselves, pull down his pants and are you ready...CUT OFF HIS TESTICLES??

Keep in mind, EVERYTHING, I know about Mr. Thompson is based on second hand information. But, some people, have made him sound like a REAL SCREW ball. But, that seems REALLY SCREWY. Plus, if, he was that screwy, I truly believe he would have been killed/injured or consumed BEFORE and maybe LONG BEFORE  the incident. 

Why was there chicken scattered around his body??

Now, to ANYONE, with a sympathetic nervous system, that, SHOULD SCREAM SET UP!!!!!!!!!!

The cats were fed that day prior to this whole massacre.

Did he have other animals? I have heard bears (not sure of the exact species), primates, and reptiles. Is any of that true?

Why was the gun registered to the sheriff??

I have heard VARIOUS reasons for that. Not from anyone who was directly involved in the case. So, can you elaborate on that? I find that very very interesting and possible "darning" evidence. 

Who were the so called "hunters" found on the property and why were they just asked to leave and NOT held for questioning?

Again, that, just like the chickens around the body, should, clearly scream set up, at least, in my humble opinion!

I don't know a whole lot about his personal life.

Me either, but, I have heard a lot. I just do not know, how much to believe. Or, what is "fact" v.s "fiction".

Yeah, he did have some issues with the law in regards to ownership of some illegal guns.

That is not the "scary" or interesting part for that matter. I have heard, he was a P.O.W. That alone proves nothing. But, I have some family that was/is former P.O.W. One is very nice and normal, though, terribly disfigured. While, the other one, looks fine and is crazier then a barrel of monkeys. Please, forgive the pun. I had heard, that, Mr. Thompson was like the latter P.O.W. that I know. What, if any information do you on such claims?

And yes, many people ask why did he have so many animals, when he wasn't running a sanctuary.

I am not even questioning that. Like, a lot of other people are, I know.

BUT, the animals were cared for and loved.

As long as, the animals where well provided for, that, is all that matters, IMHO. Like, the animals had proper enclosures, proper food and water, who is to say, what, ANYONE and HOW MANY animals, someone can own!

I have my own theory as to what may have happened that day. It is only that, a theory, so I won't post it so as to not falsely accuse anyone of any wrong doing.

I would LOVE to hear it 
. Can you PM or e-mail me your theory?

I guess it really doesn't matter how anymore.

I think you are correct, as always.

The poor animals are dead, including some tiger CUBS, who were shot in their enclosures harming no one.

Again, I am just disgusted with the whole thing!

Nothing will bring those poor souls back. The bridge was busy that day, but all those animals are now at peace with the person who cared for and loved them

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, the lawsuit IS a fight to keep our rights to own the animals we choose. I can't get into it much more, because all of this is still pending in court. We have been trying to raise money as well to pay attorney fees. We are hopig also, that the city where the exotic animal death camp was built, will also win their lawsuit. The mayor of that city did NOT want it there, but Ohio ODA built it anyway at the cost of the TAX PAYER'S!! How do I know this is a death sentence?? The Governor wants the animals out of the state. They made the regulations so strict, including high liabilty insurance requirements, very very high fees to get a permit. For me, it will cost $500 per year for the permit. It used to be $25. The new fees are NON refundable. So, once you pay the fee, if they inspect your caging and do not approve, you will not get your money back even if the permit is denied. You will lose your animals. AND if I wanted to move them out of state in the care of someone else, I can NOT do this!! They made it so you can't move them out of state. Also, the ODA illegally added bobcats to the list of banned, dangerous wild animals. Bobcats are native to the state and native wild life was never meant to be a part of SB310. IF another species of animal is to be added, it MUST go through a new hearing at the state house, by law of SB310. This did NOT happen. So ODA violated the law!! This bill is not just about wildcats. It is cats, wolves, snakes/reptiles, bears, primates and others. Some primates, the smaller monkies and some snakes are exempt. Hybrid cats were on the list as well, like Bengals and Savannahs, but we were able to get them removed. Oh and let me remind anyone and everyone who reads this. HSUS, yes the Humane Society of the United States backed SB310 from start to finsih. If you support HSUS, you support the ban and the death sentence of any animal that may be confisctated in Ohio!! My bobcats will NOT be confiscated. If the ODA does not approve my permit, I will move them out of state period!!

Last edited:

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, the lawsuit IS a fight to keep our rights to own the animals we choose.

Okay, that is very good/cool IMHO. I REALLY hope, you win your rights back Or, whatever, the proper legal terminology is

I can't get into it much more, because all of this is still pending in court.

The information, you, where kind enough to provide was GREAT
and I thank you VERY MUCH for providing it

We have been trying to raise money as well to pay attorney fees.

Yes, I can't imagine what the bill for that will be

We are hopig also, that the city where the exotic animal death camp was built, will also win their lawsuit.

Me too
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The mayor of that city did NOT want it there, but Ohio ODA built it anyway at the cost of the TAX PAYER'S!!

That is REALLY WRONG and just
! The "free country"  that the the USA is supposed to be, is really starting to
me off and make me really
!

How do I know this is a death sentence?? The Governor wants the animals out of the state.

Ahhh, I see, that makes sense. As usual, you are a very wise man
!

They made the regulations so strict, including high liabilty insurance requirements, very very high fees to get a permit.

, as usual, this issue comes down to money and that makes me very very
!

For me, it will cost $500 per year for the permit. It used to be $25.

Wow, that is crazy. You have a good job and really really
your cats, so, of course you can and will pay it. But, I am fairly sure, most people can not afford to pay it or would rather not pay in some cases. That, is just my humble opinion. Feel free, to give me yours, since, I am sure it will be much more accurate

The new fees are NON refundable.

Yet again, WOW, that is so
. Is that even legal?

So, once you pay the fee, if they inspect your caging and do not approve, you will not get your money back even if the permit is denied.

All I can say is this, I get more disgusted with this country every day. It is not "free" anymore. But, more importantly, doesn't this country (USA) have bigger problem?

You will lose your animals. AND if I wanted to move them out of state in the care of someone else, I can NOT do this!! They made it so you can't move them out of state.

Now, REALLY, how is that legal
!!!!!!

Also, the ODA illegally added bobcats to the list of banned, dangerous wild animals. Bobcats are native to the state and native wild life was never meant to be a part of SB310.

I am not even sure what to say

IF another species of animal is to be added, it MUST go through a new hearing at the state house, by law of SB310. This did NOT happen. So ODA violated the law!!

Well, I am sure YOU know the LAW and have your facts straight, so, hopefully, you can at least get the Bobcats removed!

This bill is not just about wildcats. It is cats, wolves, snakes/reptiles, bears, primates and others. Some primates, the smaller monkies and some snakes are exempt.

I see and interesting

Hybrid cats were on the list as well, like Bengals and Savannahs, but we were able to get them removed.

Most Bengals, are SBT, so, that is crazy. A Savannah or a Serval for that matter are harmless!

Oh and let me remind anyone and everyone who reads this. HSUS, yes the Humane Society of the United States backed SB310 from start to finsih.

I am very very angry and very very disgusted, though, I am sure, I should not be surprised!

If you support HSUS, you support the ban and the death sentence of any animal that may be confisctated in Ohio!! My bobcats will NOT be confiscated. If the ODA does not approve my permit, I will move them out of state period!!

I really hope you are approved and I do not see, why, you should not be. But, I sure do not blame you, for, wanting to move out of state, if need be!!!!!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still going through a LOT of crap with the state. I have been offered a place to stay in another state with my bobbers. So if I am not approved, no one will touch my cats. I will be out of Ohio in a heartbeat. Stay tuned!!

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still going through a LOT of crap with the state.

I am, very very very very very sorry, that, you are going threw all the

I have been offered a place to stay in another state with my bobbers.

I am, very very very happy, to hear that

So if I am not approved, no one will touch my cats.

Yay
!

I will be out of Ohio in a heartbeat.

I wish and truly hope, everyone, is as fortunate, as, you and your cats
!

Stay tuned!!

I am/will be

Last edited: