Our dumpster kitty

AnnieN43

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have been told our French Fry is an F4 Savannah due to the abnormally long tail in relation to body/chirping instead of meowing/giraffe-like neck/heightened ears/markings. He's also been called a plain 'ol stocky mackerel tabby stray, and a few other breeds I know are flat out wrong. He loves heights, water, and does what we call "the zoomies" or "rocket cat" a few times in 24hrs. He loves to have his neck and side of his face scratched but is definitely Not a lap cat- <30sec and gone, but loves to be held up high. What is the general consensus amongst the message board experts? Please and thank you for your time!
20200202_002028.jpg
20191223_162326.jpg
20200221_132520.jpg

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!- he is one big boy. What a stunning looking cat! Are you sure he doesn't have some bobcat in him? :) I know he is not the run of the mill tabby kitty.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Domestic shorthair tabby. The majority of cats in the world are no particular breed or mix so the likelihood of finding a Savannah in a dumpster is so so slim. He is super cute though! I wouldn't dwell on the breed much. The traits you described can pop up anywhere in the domestic cat population. He really doesn't look like anything specific.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
He's only, from our guesstimate, around 7mo old or so! He was a tiny kitten when we found him Sept 19th.
Well, he grew into those size 13 shoes , didn't he? What a unique kitty.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AnnieN43

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Domestic shorthair tabby. The majority of cats in the world are no particular breed or mix so the likelihood of finding a Savannah in a dumpster is so so slim. He is super cute though! I wouldn't dwell on the breed much. The traits you described can pop up anywhere in the domestic cat population. He really doesn't look like anything specific.
His mom was hit and killed along with the rest of the litter. She had a collar so they weren't strays. This is what lead us to question if maybe she had taken them out for whatever reason cats do and the family didn't know?

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
You would be surprise at what kind of cat one can find at a dumpster. I just found two purebred Siamese kittens myself last summer at a dumpster.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
His mom was hit and killed along with the rest of the litter. She had a collar so they weren't strays. This is what lead us to question if maybe she had taken them out for whatever reason cats do and the family didn't know?
Oh, I am so sorry. She probably bolted out a door when her owners were either leaving or coming in. :( Your guy is a true survivor and very lucky to have met you.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In addition to what everyone else has said, his behavior is totally normal for cats, except for liking water. That's a little different. Time to worry when he no longer gets the zoomies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gorgeous is the breed! We had a local news channel broadcast about a lost African Wild cat in this area. It came from the home of a Breeder. That breeder had Bengals and Savannah cats and a few other breeds. Afterwards there were some very interesting things that showed up in nearby woods. Lol We’ll never really know but some very beautiful cats turned up in the feral colonies. Of course, they are all beautiful to me. The feral colony was pulled to rescue later since they were in an area of risk. It was amazing to see the variety of colors, patterns and purrsonalities that turned up. More pictures please?
I have some water babies too. I bought a small child sized pool for them and they love it. Their own kitty pool. Lol It stopped them from turning over all the water dishes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AnnieN43

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Gorgeous is the breed! We had a local news channel broadcast about a lost African Wild cat in this area. It came from the home of a Breeder. That breeder had Bengals and Savannah cats and a few other breeds. Afterwards there were some very interesting things that showed up in nearby woods. Lol We’ll never really know but some very beautiful cats turned up in the feral colonies. Of course, they are all beautiful to me. The feral colony was pulled to rescue later since they were in an area of risk. It was amazing to see the variety of colors, patterns and purrsonalities that turned up. More pictures please?
I have some water babies too. I bought a small child sized pool for them and they love it. Their own kitty pool. Lol It stopped them from turning over all the water dishes.

Attachments

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww! Thank you!! BTW there is nothing plain about a mackerel tabby. Lol Lots of decorative coloring. I love the pictures! Gosh what beautiful eyes and what a great friend in the second photo!
Genetics in kitties can make beautiful fur babies. The variety can be stunning.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's gorgeous! I would describe your cat as a brown mackerel tabby and white domestic shorthair. It's normal for mackerel tabbies to have some of their stripes broken up into spots. Most cats are not any particular breed, but this doesn't make them any less special! As Jcatbird Jcatbird says, there is nothing "plain" about a mackerel tabby :)

He doesn't resemble a Savannah cat. Savannahs are more slender and leggy than he is, with longer faces and larger ears, and do not have mackerel stripes or white markings.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise

That is the thing- we don't know what kind of cat will turn up at a dumpster I stated earlier that I found two purebred Siamese kittens this last summer at the local dumpster, one was a seal point, and the other was a flame point. If only they could talk. :)

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
Nothin' plain about a gorgeous mackerel tabby! We ourselves just adopted one! I gotta say, the appearance isn't why (we initially were looking at a different kitten and he just decided 'nope, you're taking ME home.') we adopted him but I am absolutely amazed by how pretty his coat is. I think tabbys in general are some of the most beautiful cats there are =)
I def think your kitty is a tabby! he's absolutely gorgeous! Jasper says I'm bias though ^_^
1583288081042.png