tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
F458FFEF-C68C-432D-B670-1D2D790A131F$L0$001~photo.gif

6fe29e8432a6da34182196f73557558f.jpg
Catsite. I miss you!

I thought my laptop and internet connection was down but other websites are working. All my devices have no connection to The Catsite. Have been trying everyday to get in but to no avail.

It's great that the system is ok now. Thank you to all that put in their hard work to get up and running again :clap::hellosmiley: everyone!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Thank you, everyone, for your support and patience. Definitely one of the worst downtimes we've ever had, if not the worst and longest. Unfortunately, we had to wait for a couple of days until the host figured out which servers were damaged. When it looked like ours was, we switched over to a new hosting service using our off-site backups. We're lucky to have an awesome server admin so that once the decision was made, the process was super fast (in terms of setting up a server and working with backups).

It's great to be back online!

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems to me that a few replies I had written in posts of members who were asking me for info have been lost. I just found a purraise (a new one, but it was old for sure and I had replied to the member's question) and my reply is missing and the thread is sort of crippled. It was important for the member, but I don't feel like I'm writing it again, sorry... Hopefully it can be retrieved someway.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Anne Anne , and Scott.. Thank you for all your hard work in trying to get the site back online..
It is very much appreciated..

If anyone had any doubts how much this site means to you.. Well, those questions were answered over the past few days...
This site is a life saver... We love it.. It was such a horrible time the it was down..
For me, personally, it felt as if I had lost a huge amount of friends..

This site is so special.. so special.. It is made up of loving, caring people..
Thank you, Anne for making it this special.. It is truly one of a kind..

love you and the people who make up this site.. moderators, friends, and members...

Thank you so much for all the hard work you do...
:hugs::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It seems to me that a few replies I had written in posts of members who were asking me for info have been lost. I just found a purraise (a new one, but it was old for sure and I had replied to the member's question) and my reply is missing and the thread is sort of crippled. It was important for the member, but I don't feel like I'm writing it again, sorry... Hopefully it can be retrieved someway.
Ditto. Hope the OPs realize what has happened, just so they know that responses were made but lost. I doubt they can be retrieved. Embarrassingly enough, some of them I can't recall what I even responded with (:disturbed:).

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ditto. Hope the OPs realize what has happened, just so they know that responses were made but lost. I doubt they can be retrieved. Embarrassingly enough, some of them I can't recall what I even responded with (:disturbed:).
It was this post that I replied for sure. I think the OP even purraised my reply, so I think they have read it and they can remember my answer. I wish a less important reply was lost.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even for people whose lives have changed focus a bit and who aren't able to invest time here quite as often, it was definitely a shock and awful to not have access to TheCatSite this week! I guess it brings more of a sense of community and a source of information to me than I realized, even as an occasional visitor. I unfortunately took TCS for granted. A big mistake! Thank you for working so hard to get TCS back online.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks like the timestamps on the posts are four hours before reality. Posts I made at 5 pm are showing up as 1 pm after you have gotten past the relative time (e.g. "24 minutes ago".)
I have noticed the issue with the time stamps as well! I thought maybe when the site came back up my time zone had been knocked to a default one, but when I checked in my account it's still set to Central time. It's not a huge deal, but it is a bit confusing.

I'm happy to have the site back, weird times or not. :)