Our Boy Is In Need Of Surgery

GageM

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
About a week ago my parents cat started showing signs of illness. He wasn't eating like he normally would and was laying around very lethargic not doing much of anything. They thought maybe he was just sick and that it would pass but it started getting worse. We took him to the vet on september 6th and had an examination done. The vet told us he had a gastrointestinal blockage (half way blocked) and the only thing we could do for him was surgery. He is only a little over 5 years old and has lots of life left in him. My family and I would appreciate so much if we could get any help in saving him. They just had a new roof done last month and do not have the funds to save our best friend. I am including a picture of the estimated surgery bill but was told it's only an estimate and may need to do more for him.

Thank you for taking the time to read and any shares or donations would be greatly appreciated to help our family member get better.

Click here to support Veterinary funds for family pet organized by Gage Miedema

Any shares on facebook or twitter would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Note that this reminder is posted in all threads asking for donations and is not directed at any specific person.

From the Mods:
To all members, a reminder that it is YOUR responsibility to check out these solicitors to the best of your ability. Ask for references, phone numbers, call around the area and find out if this is a legitimate cause or a scam. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reason that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized. Be very careful before you send any money: no matter how effective the plea is, check it out first before opening your wallet. For more information, see Pleas for Money.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

GageM

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Here is an article about resources that might be of help:

No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat's Life

If your family qualifies for a Care Card Healthcare Financing Credit Card | CareCredit that can be used for veterinary expenses. I will certainly share your campaign, but I'm directly in the path of Flo, and won't know for a bit if I have ANY extra money at all.

Lighting a candle for your boy.

View attachment 252201
Thank you, we have been approved for a $3000 loan, however we can't even afford the monthly payments at this time because we are paying off the roof in monthly payments and we don't have much left after that. This is why we made a GoFundMe fundraiser. I hate asking for money but this is the only thing we can really do to save our awesome boy. We hate seeing him play around without moving for hours. My mom is hoping to see a little progress on the GoFundMe before going through with the loan. I really wish it didnt come to this but it's basically our last resort try to save him. Our roof needed to be done a few years ago but finally found a way to finance it last month. This has been so unexpected. I know these fundraisers are a way people scam others but I ensure 100% that this is not, and I even have the expected vet bill along with the post. I have a feeling we wont be able to make our goal and will be refunding the donations back to the awesome few who have helped.

All i ask is for a share. 1 dollar would go a long way, only 3000 people to do that. I know it's a lot, I'm having trouble getting it out to many people. Many places dont allow these fundraisers to be posted because so many have been scammed by them and I find that disgusting. I can assure everyone that if we get enough to help our boy that I will donate to someone in need every month. Mind you only like 5 or 10 dollars a month but it's all I really have.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry that your GoFundMe sputtered out. Is there any way that your vet would accept PayPal? And I appreciate that you have offered to reciprocate. Poor Gage - he certainly has a lot of years left, if he can get his important surgery.
Right now. many of us are scrambling because of Hurricane Florence. There are still the usual cat emergencies for rescuers to deal with but donations are often shifted away towards the high-profile natural disasters. So my few dollars have had to go to helping get a pregnant kitty some food & gas money for rescuers to drive out to feed her as they are unable to find anyone closer to help her and they are absolutely maxed out themselves.
But the month is more than half over so please remain hopeful. Sending Gage & your family prayers and vibes :vibes::vibes::vibes: