Our Beloved Tarifa Has Ascended

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YSVW. If you saw her when you came into a room, you'd have to smile. Or even chuckle. She was that kind of cat.
Krista was the same way. We’d catch eyes from across the room and she would give me a trill. Aloha! Shalom! Wassup? I loved that sound so much. Sometimes we’d be sitting together on the bed and I would just reach over and poke her just to get the startled trill out of her. “You rang?” 😻

And she was so friendly to other people. Not other cats though. Any human meeting her was her new favorite human. She was more dog than cat in this respect. No shyness around strangers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you, DreamerRose DreamerRose - yes, there was no viable alternative. But I WISH there had been.
daftcat75 daftcat75 I know, I know! Wanting to hear those trills and in Tarifa's case, yargles, bellows and supersonically LOUD meowings! Sometimes she'd irritate me when she did that right when I came into the kitchen in the morning. My routine was to pick up the rubbish basket and scoop all of the boxes first. The basket was in the laundry room off the kitchen. So there she'd be, bellowing!!! while I was trying to rush around and scoop. If someone had puked, I'd have to clean that up, too. *I'm sure you know the drill.* And there she'd still be, yelling nonstop. "Tarifa, SHUT UP! I'm going as fast as I can!"
Now, I'd give all to hear that nonstop bellowing again. This house is way too quiet without.