Our Beautiful Mia Having 3-5 Kittens In 1-2 Weeks !!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sunshineclare

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lol Mojo still is fascinated with water. We have big dog sized bowls and he often either puts his 2 front paws in and stands in it while drinking or puts one paw in and makes a mess flicking it around everywhere, hahaha!! Maine Coons seem to be unusual like that! They love water more than other cats! Mia isn't so much! Will keep a close eye on the kittens xxx

sunshineclare

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
image.png

This is Mojos Dad!! So this is where Big Ginger gets his Bruiser genes from! Sorry it's not a better photo it's just zoomed in from the advert where we saw our darling Mojo! He comes from a long line of (massive!!) pedigree Maine Coons and the lady imported him from the Ukraine. He was only 9 months old in this photo!! I met him he was amazingly friendly and sooooo soft xx and huge!! Mojo still isn't this big but he's getting there slowly! He was the smallest of 7 bless him xxx

sunshineclare

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes he is amazing isn't he Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 - so striking and yet so friendly and gentle, they are amazing cats xxx

I *think* I heard survivor do the beginnings of a purr earlier!!! :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump: I'm sure that's what it was, it was the CUTEST thing xxxx

I can't help giving them really gentle little strokes when I come in to check on them if they are sleeping or stumbling about, they are so cute trying to walk but not quite being able to yet bless them :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump: ... they are SOOOOOOOOO adorable all sleeping away!! :-)

Big Ginger usually turns over onto his back so you can rub his belly and Ginger 2 does as well, big / Little sister does a variety of all totally cute things, and Survivor likes to stretch out and nuzzle you, she is such a sweetheart!

To think this time last week Mia wasn't even yet having contractions!! She didn't even 'drop' she just looked massively wide!!! Right to the birth!

I was amazed and still am, at how quick the whole birth was, for Mia. I'm glad, we just had read as much as we could about what might go wrong and it didn't go perfectly but at least she didn't seem troubled by much. The worst moment was when no3 was wrapped around his own umbilical cord with the placenta still in mama and then 4 and 5 arrived not moving all within about 10 minutes of each other. Anyway here we are, bless the 4 souls we have xxx thank you so much for all the support everyone xxxxxx :rock: ALL of you xxx

sunshineclare

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Excuse the cheesy presenters but the Maine Coon cat story is amazing, my partner saw this and was the reason we got Maine Coons when our rescue cat from Battersea didn't work out xx

sunshineclare

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone!

It's our first milestone today! The kittens are a few hours over a week old!! Their first beautiful week on this planet!!

We just weighed them!

Saturday 24th 11am

Big ginger 1 - 217g - Has gained another beefy 19g from yesterday!! He has just slipped past double his birth weight which was 108g :-) Proud of you big ginge!!! :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

Ginger 2 white neck - 187g - Also up another 19g from yesterday, yay!! This little fella was only 92g at birth, one of our 2 smallest - he too has gone past double his birth weight, hurrah!! Well done Ginger 2!! :dance::dance::dance:

Black and white 1 - 186g - our biggest birth female was 101g at birth - so she didn't quite double her birth weight, but has still done really well! :-) She has put on a full 20 g since yesterday, hurrah! :banana2::banana1::banana1::woohoo:

Black and white Survivor no5 - 183g - she dropped to 88g from 92g at birth, we were worried about her the first few days, it took ALL of them about 2 days to actually start gaining much, we put it down to her not suckling very strongly, but we kept putting her on nipples and she picked it up eventually!! So she is only 1g short of her birth weight doubled, and more than double the 88g she dropped to, so we are SUPER pleased, yay, well done Survivor!! She's put on 15g since yesterday so that's great too :-) :beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Sarthur2 Sarthur2 , is it normal that they have one eye more open than the other?! When should we start gently wiping their eyes with a warm cloth? Shall I take photos of their eyes to post when I can? Just want to make sure everything goes OK and they don't get any infections - what can we do to prevent this? I need to change their towel in the wardrobe, and we always wash our hands before going in to stroke them - anything else we can do to help them??

Oh and what's the next milestone we should be looking at ? How big should we hope they are by next week?

Have a great weekend everyone xxx

sunshineclare

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone,

This isn't a great photo sorry as I had trying to hold Ginger 2 in one hand and my phone in the other and he was squirming.

Do you think his left as you look at the photo, eye is OK or is it infected? It looks like it's infected to me, but not sure as he doesn't always have the other one open.

I'll try to get a better photo - be grateful if Sarthur2 Sarthur2 if you could let me know what you think, I only noticed this late yesterday and if it IS a thing, want to catch it as early as possible.

I'll try to get photos of the others, they are feeding now xx

sunshineclare

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
image.jpeg

Here's Big Ginger! He looks a bit better to me but again there's a couple of little black bits around his left eye on the photo , his real right eye. I've not even tried wiping any eyes yet as they don't have them open much, I'll try to take photos of the girls shortly when they're done feeding.

If it IS an infection, where could it have come from? We've been very careful... Just so we know how to stop it happening again! Please let me know what to do. It's 1.15pm here now. Our vets are open until 4pm today. Xxx thank you so much for all the help xxx

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Eyes open at different paces, so one open and one not on the same kitten is not unusual.

Wipe the eyes with a warm damp cloth only if they need it - that is, if you see gunk or crust.

The weights are absolutely fantastic! No worries there. :)

The weight goal for 14 days is 8 ounces - roughly 227 grams. Your kittens should easily meet this goal and reach it early. :)

sunshineclare

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey Sarthur2 Sarthur2 thank you SO MUCH for the prompt response, I just called our vet and sent them the link to this thread so they can see the photos,

yes I've been seeing them squint out of one eye only for a couple of days now!! They are adorable!! :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

There definitely isn't any gunk or crust on any of them but I was concerned about the little black bits around both of their eyes, more so on the first photo Ginger 2 -

When I've read threads on here with people who have gotten abandoned kittens they have had what looks to me, and I am not an expert, similar, hopefully it's nothing but just want to be safe not sorry xxx

sunshineclare

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I checked the 2 girls, their eyes are beautifully clean and healthy looking. Ginger 2 close up didn't look as bad as in the first photo it's just Im working on my computer and it's right next to mama nest 2 that she chose in the wardrobe, so I can just lean over to check on them!