Our beautiful girl Storm

Katie656

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I never intended to get a cat at that point in my life, but my then flat mate got one when her friends cat had kittens. However when the kitten, who my flat mate named Storm, was only a few months old my she moved out and couldn’t take Storm with her. I agreed to keep Storm as she was settled at my flat.

Storm was with me when I met my husband, he was not an animal person but she won him over. She was with me when I had my children, and boy was she not happy about their arrival! For the first 8 years of her life she was a house cat, but eventually we moved from a flat to a house and she started going out. She loved been outside and despite her small size she would put all of the other cats in their place.

Storm wasn’t a very fussy cat, but that made it all the more special on the occasions she choose to curl up on my lap. As my daughters grew she wouldn’t let them near her, she didn’t have time for children. She was an older girl at this point and just wanted a quite life, and that was fine, my girls were told to leave her alone.

Last autumn I noticed Storms tummy was looking larger, but she was otherwise fine and was eating well. However a few days later she jumped on my lap and I realised how skinning the rest of her was. I took Storm to the vet who could feel a lump in her tummy and suspected cancer. Storm, who was normally quite feisty, just lay there and let the vet poke and prod her, and I could see how poorly she was. The vet advised that at Storms age she probably wouldn’t respond well to treatment, and I certainly didn’t want to put her though any stress, so she was put to sleep on November 05th 2019.

Storm was such a good girl and was so well behaved, I will always appreciate the 14 lovely years we spent together. Rest in peace little girl.

C75CC5DE-EC6F-4B2C-8D89-32F4C2C3A1BF.jpeg
904A886C-DC1B-42CE-AEC6-CD29F271733E.jpeg
37EBAADF-AAC8-4352-8A08-0240E7120018.jpeg

movinintime

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow. TY very much as well for telling her story. I personally can never deal well with loss of a kitty. They love us unconditionally and as such, even losing both my parents was easier than a little furbaby who came to love me so deeply & I felt the love daily. With people it isn't always a feeling like that but with a kitty there is NEVER a day goes by that their love for you is not genuine. May she RIP til you see her again, and you will, at Rainbow Bridge.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a soft spot for calicos, she was certainly gorgeous! Your tribute was touching, she sounds like my Chrissy, who was certainly independent and disliked fussing too....
Although there is an emptiness in your house and heart right now, she gave you fourteen years of love to treasure and remember. Let it build and be added to other loves there, the bond you formed with her is spiritual and so eternal and needs to be nurtured through memories to remain so.
She sounds like a spirited, independent girl, I know she would not want you to grieve for her overlong, as you would want for her to go on if you were the first to go, so she wants for you. She was in your life for a reason, to have never met her at all would be tragic, even though it breaks the heart to let them go. She will forever be as close as your thoughts and prayers, the new path she follows will forever parallel your own.
My heart goes out to you, I know how much this hurts the soul. It takes a long time to heal a broken heart, Take as much time as you need, one day at a time.....RIP beautiful Storm. You will never be forgotten, you will forever have a secure place in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Katie656

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your kind words everyone. It makes me happy to know that others appriciate what a special girl she was. I would like to think there is an animal afterlife and I still talk to her, tell her how loved she was. I just wish I’d have told her more often when she was alive but hopefully she can hear me now.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My heartfelt sympathies go out to you on the loss of Storm. I'm sure she knew how much you loved and cared for her having taken her into your home when your flat mate moved out. :lovecat2: She is playing at the Bridge now with all of our cats. :angel:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Storm, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever!

What a beautiful girl she was, is, and always will be! This is the deepest Truth I know...that love does not die, it only changes form and continues on, still Love. The best part of Storm, her love for you, is now translated and purified into Love, and is with you still. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry that you lost that little cutie pie, this is two Calicos in a row I am writing back to about now, so sad, we have one now Sabrina who looks like one we had years ago Serenity, they are such nice cats. You did all that you could for her and she knows that she was loved and still is.....

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Katie656

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for your kind words everyone. It’s the little things I miss the most, like how when I got home from work I used to hear her jump of the bed and run downstairs to greet me. Or how on a cold winters night she used to curl up by my feet. Such happy memories.

I know I’m biased but she really was such a pretty, sweet girl, but she knew her own mind too and would let you know when she wasn’t happy. She sure had tortitude, and I loved that about her. I’m so sad that she’s gone but so, so happy that she was part of my life.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
. She sure had tortitude
I like that! I say that Sylvester has "Tuxitude", sometimes a little too much though like yesterday when all of a sudden we heard this screaming and Deb saw him biting and rolling around the floor with Snickers! :nono: She was closer and yelled at him, I came out and calmly told him that he was bad and that I was disappointed in him and he sulked and later on sheepishly came up and sat with me on the sofa, they know when they are bad just like little kids!

But these are some of the memories we will have of them, some bad but mostly good! :rbheart: