Our Baby Snowball

April Carpenter

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The kitten my daughter had rescued that had started having seizures passed away cuddled up to her in bed sat.night.He was doing better after starting his seizure meds so not sure what happened.We all too this very hard as he was a very special baby.crying again just typing this.We painted rocks yesterday to make a memorial rock garden on his grave and people in our community that paint rocks to hide have also painted some for my daughter that we will pick up this week.She tried everything to save this baby giving up her 12th birthday party and gifts to help with his vet bills
even tho the medicine only gave him a couple more weeks she made them very good weeks for the little guy

Attachments

meelasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh what a sweet girl. I am very sorry for your loss. It sounds like you did everything you could and in the end, even though his life was short, he had you all for that extra love and care.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your daughter has proved to be more grown up than her 12 years and showed a lot of people what being responsible for another life means.
Be proud of her!
Poor little angel, Little Snowball, now he's playing at the Rainbow Bridge, where the sun always shines.
RIP.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Little Snowball, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever, loved and remembered.

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
In my opinion, it would be wise to make sure your daughter can handle this situation on medium term (counseling?). In a way, kids are similar to cats, sometimes: they hide the pain, while pain erodes the mind.

Milk drops and rocks petting for Snowball. My encouragements to your daughter.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You gave that precious kitten a few more weeks of what he wanted the most in this world, your love. Please let your daughter know that sometimes, no matter how much we try and want it, it is still not enough. Sometimes all the money and all the medicine in the world still does not do enough. To give that kitten your time and care at the end of life is the most important thing to do for that baby, to die alone and unloved is the ultimate heartbreak. Life is full of failures and disappointments, but from each one we learn a little more, and more times than not it puts a flame in our hearts to learn more and to to better the next time. But that makes our accomplishments that much sweeter, to never know heartbreak would not allow us to fully know love.
That precious little boy would never want you to be so sad because of him. Go on with your life, find happiness once more, it is as he would want for those he loves so much, just as you would want for him if you were the first to leave. The bond he formed with your daughter will never leave her. It is spiritual, so is eternal. He shared your life for a little while, your time together is priceless. His new path will parallel hers until it crosses once more in the far future.Love never dies. It seems unbearable right now, while grief is fresh in your heart, but time will heal that tear in your soul until one day you will learn to cope with the loss and think of that sweet boy with joy for knowing him at all. It would have been unthinkable to have never known him at all. My heart breaks for what you are going through, I'll pray for you all, take care of yourselves and surround yourselves with people who understand your grief. RIP beautiful Snowball, you will never be forgotten and will live on for eternity in loving hearts. The pure light that is the new star in the summer light will shine down on those who miss you so much and bring comfort to those broken hearts. Goodnight, sleep tight little Prince!

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
April:

You did the best you could.

Sometimes tragedy hits babies too.

Don't let the pain stop you or your wonderful daughter from helping others. They will still need it.

Let us know how you are.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My condolences to you and your daughter.

Your family gave the kitty a few more wonderful weeks and it passed away loved, in bed and at home....not scared and alone.

Good work.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Very sorry for your loss of that cute little Angel, may your heart heal a bit more each day. God Bless......:alright:

feefifomannahannah

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What a handsome boy.
I too have just recently lost my kitten. Some things are just out of our control, unfortunately. It's especially sad when they're so young, but remember that your love was everything to Snowball. He was so lucky and so SO loved.
The rocks are beautiful and will definitely help with the grieving process. I had my little brother write a letter to our Berlioz and it really gave him some closure. Talk about Snowball with your daughter. Reminisce about all the sweet, adorable, hilarious things he did. Remember to drink lots of water, remember to eat, and take some days off if you need to. Cry about it. It's okay. Time will heal.
He will always hold a special place in your heart, and you guys were his everything. His WORLD. You gave him comfort, joy, and love, and he will always be grateful.
Rest easy, Snowball <3