Ouch My Eye

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Allie was bullying(aka playing rough)Oliver today and had Oliver pinned under her while she held his neck...Now I never seem them box today, they stand on 2 legs and box like kangaroos sometimes..

Some hours later I notice Oliver squinting his left eye a lot and later I see clear discharge, I wiped it away with a wet napkin and its running again...I used eye envy on him and used the powder, something I only use on Allie as shes a white persian with tears...

Hes sleeping now!

Im just a bit worried, anything I should be on the lookout for? His eye itself looks fine and I can see no injury, I never used eye envy as a medicine more just to supress tears and take stains away, is the product two fold?

Quote from eyeenvy.com
“Eye Envy® works directly at the source of the true problem - bacterial infection. Eye Envy contains a cleanser, an astringent (to dry the area), and colloidal silver, which acts as a natural antibiotic.”

I guess im lucky to have this product on hand if it does work also as a medicine, its all external i put nothing into his eye of course

This thread might be for nothing as I think the eye envy is already working but can give other readers insight to the product...Im hoping its working anyhow, the tears defintely stopped

I see no tears in his left eye now do you?

Edit....Still tearing and squinting :(

0A29A76F-88FC-4BD0-BDFC-A02D22B68D84.jpeg

Last edited:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. You can't always tell if there is an injury to the eye but just looking at it. If it were me, I would take Oliver to the vet and have them check it out. If there is any kind of injury, it might require a different type of treatment than you are currently using. If there is no injury that requires a different type of treatment, then ask the vet about using the product you are currently using and see what they say.

If you have a good vet, and your current product is appropriate, hopefully they would be willing to tell you that and not suggest something else which would help you avoid additional costs.

Fingers crossed for you and Oliver either way!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Its morning and his eye seems to be improved a lot, not completly...He still sorta winks/blinks but his eye is nice and big and no significant tearing...

Thank god, I was dreading waking up to puffy infected eye. No vet is a good day as hes already costed me my arm, I want to hang on to my leg for a bit...

Allie is playing too rough, shes always been a skinny twig but since having them on Iams for the last couple weeks she put on 8 ounces...Shes been 7 pounds her whole life and now shes 7 1/2, Oliver better watch out!

She gained 1/2 and Oliver lost 1/2 with his regurgitation episodes this year but im working on putting it back on him

Last edited:

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Crud he just woke up and hes squinting :(

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think its a minor corneal scratch, theres no redness and minimal tearing, I cant see nothing wrong with the eye itself, looks nice and glassy...Sometimes its open just fine like this morning..

I called the vet and they wont give me anything without bringing him in...If it gets worse I will take him in tomorrow..

I dont think petco has anything either ...I cant find any stores here that has Terramycin Ophthalmic Ointment either

I put eye envy again

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like to update my threads!

I had a vet appointment today at 9 30 am but I canceled it as he seems to have made a full recovery today finally!

Yesterday when he got up at 3 30 he was squinting and shaking his head a lot with some drainage so I made the appointment then....

Im glad I waited and saved the trip, im going to keep some eye ointment on hand for emergencys though and order some now...Think its got 2-3 years expiration...

Only wierd thing that made me anxious was last night. Playing with him, after 10 min of play I was dangling his cardboard toy in front his face with no contact and he Hisses and went to the window and curled into a ball.... I gave him lactulose after that lol as I panicked

I dont know why that happened if it was eye pain or constipation... Since his constipation episode I watch him a lot too much and now dont know what a normal bowel movement for him is well...normal...

Normally he poops in the morning and when he dont im like wth...Sometimes now he skips a day but his poops are moist so maybe im just overreacting i dunno

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Definitely keep an eye on everything, and if he does that again I'd suggest a vet appointment. Hang on there!