Oti-cami Maine Coons - Worth It?

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Once I move to a larger home, planned next year, I'm getting a female mate for Alaska. I'm thinking about going all the way. All the way to China, in fact. Sort of.

The deal with them is that you have to fly them, and your kitten, to you, on top of a very high cost. In one year, I hope to be at a place where we can do that, and I think it's well within mine and my husband's grasp, as we've both made some serious career advancing goals in 2018 and are ambitious enough to meet them.

So, do you think the super high cost of OtiCami is worth it, or should I just find another breeder in the USA, maybe one of the breeders Alaska's breeder buys cats from?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my goodness! I just checked out the Oti-Cami website and their cats are gorgeous! :loveeyes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness! I just checked out the Oti-Cami website and their cats are gorgeous! :loveeyes:
You see the source of my temptation, then. They're where Sijka's Mythical Beasts: Maine Coons photoshoot got its cats, or at least many of them.

I want two females and a male. A black male, a tortie/torbie/calico female, and a smoke female. Maybe a nice, bright red female too.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never seen Chemicoons cats, even though they’re not located too far from me. I need to get to some TICA shows! I’ve only been going to CFA so far.
abyeb abyeb - Even at TICA shows they're almost impossible to see. Between the crowds around them and the ribbons obscuring them, you're lucky to get a glimpse of whisker.

;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh man, Chemicoons is fairly close. I'm in Michigan. I was also considering this cattery, since I'm going for European. It's the cattery that bred my Alaska's stunning father, Snowy White Knight.

Hissy Fit Coons

But ChemiCoons seems like a really great choice too, and they're within driving range.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know this thread is old at this point, but wanted to add to it. I'm surprised I never noticed the thread until now.

My husband and I have been seriously considering a pet quality Maine Coon in the future. We can't right now as our oldest is heading towards 18 years, and isn't in good health but I do a lot of looking to familiarize myself with breeders for when the time comes that we feel comfortable adding another cat to our home.

I've been doing research and have been paying close attention to Oticami for a while. Truly the best examples of the breed I've seen yet. MistyDawn MistyDawn did you ever inquire further other than reading their website? I'm curious how much their kittens are going for but wouldn't write them just for that reason.

FYI, there's another cattery I found that has stunning MCs also; Metatron Eyes based in Arkansas. Fantastic photography like Oticami has and their kitties have caught my eye completely. If you're still looking, check them out.

WELCOME