Other Fur Babies

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

glory jasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
South Carolina (California native-Sacramento)
View media item 317712
Greer                                                                                   C.C.

My babies!
Awe just darling! How the heck do you keep your cat away from the Christmas tree ornaments????? Are you tricking us....you picked everything up right before you took the pictures,didn't you?! Lol[emoji]128540[/emoji]

lykakitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awe how adorable. Are the malamutes one of the breeds that's good with goats? Lol I cannot believe you actually want a spider as a pet!!! That's crazy! Although I did have a pet snake at one time. I did look at Precious only because your spoiler intrigued me!!! Eeeeewwwww heeby jeeby dance!!! LOL
NO BUT SERIOUSLY....your babies are truly amazing. [emoji]128522[/emoji]
Malamutes in general aren't known for being good with livestock or cats but as with everythong else it's all about socialization and training. The more positive experiences they have with them when they're young the better they'll be as adults. They'll never be natural herders but I've known a couple malamutes who've lived on farms just fine.

And then you get my boy, who's such a herder he herds fish. I guess that's what I get for getting a dog with Aussie, Heeler, AND Border Collie in him.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Malamutes in general aren't known for being good with livestock or cats but as with everythong else it's all about socialization and training. The more positive experiences they have with them when they're young the better they'll be as adults. They'll never be natural herders but I've known a couple malamutes who've lived on farms just fine.

And then you get my boy, who's such a herder he herds fish. I guess that's what I get for getting a dog with Aussie, Heeler, AND Border Collie in him.
Uh, herds fish? My imagination is going wild! How does he do this?

lykakitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Uh, herds fish? My imagination is going wild! How does he do this?
I wish I could find the video I have of him doing it! He doesn't actually herd them, but he tries. He did it most with my nephew's fish tank that I was taking care of while they were moving, since it was set up on the floor. He'd jump back and forth around the tank and occassionally try to jump at them and/or nip them. I don't think he realizes that glass is a thing :lol3: He tries to do it in the pet store too, so we have to avoid the fish section when he goes with me.

margd

Veteran
Purraise
I wish I could find the video I have of him doing it! He doesn't actually herd them, but he tries. He did it most with my nephew's fish tank that I was taking care of while they were moving, since it was set up on the floor. He'd jump back and forth around the tank and occassionally try to jump at them and/or nip them. I don't think he realizes that glass is a thing :lol3: He tries to do it in the pet store too, so we have to avoid the fish section when he goes with me.
That's hilarious. It must have been quite a sight before you learned to stay away from the fish section!

lykakitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's hilarious. It must have been quite a sight before you learned to stay away from the fish section!
It was! Luckily the employees there just thought it was funny, but I don't wanna scare any of the fish. They still all think it's funny that my dog freaks out over the fish and my cats don't care at all when I take them.

glory jasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well folks...it has happened again! SADIE KIDDED!!! She had one beautiful,healthy girl. She is a first time mother and is doing well. Her daughter is bouncing around already. Very full of life. Her name is Jasmine.

Update: Sassy and the doelings are just awesome! They're out of the kidding stall and on mamas heels! Lol She's teaching them very well. They have some very impressive Kung fu moves!!!! (And in case I forgot to mention...Sassys doelings have been named. The brown doeling is Cheyenne and the white doeling is Charlotte.)

Sadie with her doeling,Jasmine.

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to the world Jasmine![emoji]127881[/emoji]. I'm so glad mothers and children are doing so well.

The photos are just adorable! [emoji]10084[/emoji]️

Last edited:

glory jasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the world Jasmine![emoji]127881[/emoji]. I'm so glad mothers sand children are doing so well.

The photos are just adorable! [emoji]10084[/emoji]️

She says....."meeee eeee eeeeeee"! Which translates into "thanks,it's quite interesting "! I speak goat! Lol. Thank you ,me tooooooooo! [emoji]128515[/emoji]

Awe thank you.

lykakitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have to apologize for not posting in a while, it's been a rough few days. 

First of all an update on Sky for y'all. He's doing really well, just got his last dose of antibiotics. He's back to his old self, bouncing around and playing and roughhousing like normal. Once all the Christmas chaos is over he'll get his first trip to the dog park since he got hurt. He's already ready to go, he saw the leash I got him for Christmas earlier tonight and ran straight to the front door and waited there for about half an hour with that 'Mom let's go' look 

margd

Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry about Sushi. He sounds like a very special little guy. And very beautiful! Of course he was a member of the family and I know how much it hurts when one of them passes before us.

Years ago we had a couple of Betas (not at the same time) but we didn't realize they could be in tanks with other fish. I always worried they were lonely. We loved ours, too and grieved when they died.

RIP Sushi. You were a well loved fish. [emoji]10084[/emoji]️

glory jasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hello my friends! If y'all are wondering why I haven't been on,I'm in California visiting my family. [emoji]128522[/emoji][emoji]128522[/emoji][emoji]128522[/emoji]. And while I was celebrating the precious birth of my Savior,Jesus Christ.....Shasta gave birth to two healthy girls!!! Yes that's right! We have Christmas babies!!! She is a first time mother and according to my husband,is taking motherhood very naturally!!!! We have named the girls. In special rememberance of Jesus' mother,the white(tanish) doeling is Mary. The all black doeling is Maria. I'll get more pictures when I fly home. I hope y'all enjoy! We have one doe yet to kid,Audrey. Hope y'all had a very Merry Christmas!!!

[emoji]10084[/emoji]️Love,Glory

Last edited:

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Merry Christmas! I'm so glad to hear Shasta, Mary and Maria are doing so well. They are so adorable - I bet you are eager to see them.

I read an article on Christmas Eve telling the story of Jesus's birth from Mary's perspective. It talks about how she had to ride on the back of a donkey while nine months pregnant and give birth without a midwife while lying in the straw where all the animals did their business. And then when Jesus was born and all she wanted to do was sleep, angels started blowing trumpets and unexpected visitors arrived. It was certainly a different perspective! Honoring her by naming your new babies after her is very appropriate!

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! 

They are so adorable! It brings back memories of when I was a kid (50 some years ago) and watching the baby lambs and calves and foals being born. To see how attentive their mammas were! And watching them struggle to their feet and take their first clumsy steps and nurse. Oh, and to watch them a few days later when they run around and jump and buck like little bronco's on caffeine! LOL  Some had to be bottle fed and I loved spending time doing that. And we always checked to make sure the lambs had a heat lamp through the winter. 

Just thinking of it, I can smell the straw and hay and all the aromas of the barn. I miss that smell!

Thanks for sharing your babies, Mary and Maria, with us!

And now I can't get the song Ave Maria out of my head! LOL I guess that's a good thing!

glory jasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Merry Christmas! I'm so glad to hear Shasta, Mary and Maria are doing so well. They are so adorable - I bet you are eager to see them.

I read an article on Christmas Eve telling the story of Jesus's birth from Mary's perspective. It talks about how she had to ride on the back of a donkey while nine months pregnant and give birth without a midwife while lying in the straw where all the animals did their business. And then when Jesus was born and all she wanted to do was sleep, angels started blowing trumpets and unexpected visitors arrived. It was certainly a different perspective! Honoring her by naming your new babies after her is very appropriate!
Thank you thank you!!! I am so very eager!!!!!! I knew on Tuesday when I flew out here that she and Audrey would kid while I was gone! [emoji]128542[/emoji] I'm so grateful to my husband for tending to them so wonderfully. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Yes Amen!!! Hallelujah! Praise and Glory to the new born King! Thank you for sharing this with us. I know that I certainly appreciate it and it made me smile and my heart fill with peace and joy. [emoji]128519[/emoji]

Well I agree! That's exactly why we named her that. A small token. So very very small. But yes very appropriate. [emoji]128591[/emoji]

glory jasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! 

They are so adorable! It brings back memories of when I was a kid (50 some years ago) and watching the baby lambs and calves and foals being born. To see how attentive their mammas were! And watching them struggle to their feet and take their first clumsy steps and nurse. Oh, and to watch them a few days later when they run around and jump and buck like little bronco's on caffeine! LOL  Some had to be bottle fed and I loved spending time doing that. And we always checked to make sure the lambs had a heat lamp through the winter. 

Just thinking of it, I can smell the straw and hay and all the aromas of the barn. I miss that smell!

Thanks for sharing your babies, Mary and Maria, with us!

And now I can't get the song Ave Maria out of my head! LOL I guess that's a good thing!
Nice to hear from you love! Oh how very right you are. Everything you just mentioned is so very precious to me too. I always reek of "barn" but I love it!!! As I watched Sassys youngins,I was thoroughly amazed by just how advanced they are within minutes of their birth. It's truly a privilege to observe and to be a part of. I'm so blessed!!!

I'm missing the smells too!!! And the sounds! Although while on the phone with my husband earlier,I heard my goats in the background and I was so happy!!! I miss all of my fur babies and especially my husband. [emoji]128554[/emoji]

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Ooooh! Cuteness alert! They are really adorable. When do you arrive home?