Other Fur Babies

lykakitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've had an interesting couple days. We recently found out our favorite local aquarium store is going out of business in a few days and their stock that doesn't get sold (mostly exotic) will have to either go to another pet store that's known not to take great care of theor fish or be euthanized. Luckily he's having major sales to save as many as possible, amd of course we couldn't bear the thought of leaving them. So I've gained 6 new unexpected fish, which has been awesome, and very comforting after losing Sushi.

We've added 3 to our cory school, 2 greens named Steven and Connie and an albino named Greg. They also got a yoyo loach friend named Hank. They're all great friends already. We're also starting a new setup centered around a gorgeous young bala shark we've named Charlie. He's temporarily staying with the cories until his tank establishes but they're all living in peace perfectly fine. Maximus also has a temporary roomie while the new tank establishes, my pleco baby (since Max is technically my boyfriend's). She's a 4-month-old sailfin pleco named Dash, and huge amd gorgeous for her age. She'll be living with Charlie until she gets significantly bigger, and if all goes well will have her own 100 gallon tank when she's full grown. She won't hit her max size for another 4-6 years or so but when she does she could top out at over 2 feet long, and judging by her size now I wouldn't be surprised if she does.

Pictures to come once everybody's settled in.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

glory jasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
South Carolina (California native-Sacramento)
Lykakitty-Still waiting for your cute as can be fish pictures!!! How is everyone settling in? I sure hope everyone is comfortable and thriving!!!

[emoji]10084[/emoji]️Glory

Last edited:

lykakitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately my boyfriend has most of the pictures and hasn't gotten around to sending them to me so I can post them, but I do have a couple of Dashie.

We also found out that because of the chaos of moving fish around as tanks were being sold she was actually classified wrong at the store. We belive she's a spotted pleco not a sailfin, but she's too young to tell for sure. Luckily the requirements for pretty much all types of pleco are identical. But she's definitely a big type and is going to be stunning when she's full grown. And given her size now and the fact that she never seems to leave the driftwood in her tank alone (and that eating driftwood is huge for keeping them growing well) she's gonna be a big girl.

If we're right about her type she'll look something like this when she's an adult:

glory jasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well everyone it is official! All four does have kidded!
Audrey kidded yesterday and had a beautiful baby girl! As you can see,she has identical markings with her mama! Just a different color. Isn't she lovely?! We have yet to name her.
So we now have 6 healthy girls making our goat total 11!!!
The babies are all sold already. So at two months of age,they'll be weaned and ready to be separated from their mamas. Ohhhhh what a rough day that will be for me!!!!!![emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji]
I thank God for each healthy,precious little life.

Taking name suggestions!!![emoji]129303[/emoji]

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, how adorable! [emoji]10084[/emoji]️ No name suggestions - I am too awed by all the cuteness. It must be so hard to part with them.[emoji]128016[/emoji]

glory jasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Awe thanks so much for the awesome names!!! My husband and I actually named her ! I couldn't keep calling her Augies baby!!! So Patches entered my mind. But we chose Chloe. [emoji]128536[/emoji]

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Chloe is a lovely name! And it fits her! [emoji]10084[/emoji]️

lykakitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
As promise, here are some fishy pictures.

Charles/Charlie, the bala shark:

The cories below Charlie (Greg is the albino, Connie is the higher up green cory with the light patch, and Steven is the lower darker green one):

Another pic of Dash, hidden on a piece of driftwood:

No pics of Hank unfortunately. He's good at hiding and FAST. But I thought this was cute. Calypso has taken to guarding the tank.

glory jasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
As promise, here are some fishy pictures.

Charles/Charlie, the bala shark:

The cories below Charlie (Greg is the albino, Connie is the higher up green cory with the light patch, and Steven is the lower darker green one):

Another pic of Dash, hidden on a piece of driftwood:

No pics of Hank unfortunately. He's good at hiding and FAST. But I thought this was cute. Calypso has taken to guarding the tank.

No wonder he's hiding!!!! Kitty Kat alert!!!!! Lol
Iiiiiiiii don't think calypso is "guarding"!!! Lol

Last edited:

lykakitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's guarding it from her sisters at least :lol3: She's the baby but they don't dare go after her "territory".

And yay! Can't wait for more of those cuties.

glory jasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Awe ok....I was thinking she was tricking you! Lol She's adorable!
Oh you better believe it! They are sooooo cute! I'm gathering pictures and will post some soon. And would y'all believe that Buster is working on more youngins???! Which means that my girls are coming into heat ....ALREADY!!!?! [emoji]128563[/emoji] Wow they work fast! Lol

glory jasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Here are some more pictures as promised! I hope y'all enjoy!

First we have... Shasta and her girls,Mary(white-after Jesus' mother.) and Maria(black). Born on Christmas Day. (Hence Mary's name[emoji]128519[/emoji])
And then, is Sadie,and her daughter,Jasmine. Born December 19th.
Buster(daddy),Sassy and her two girls,Cheyenne(brown) and Charlotte(white). Born on December 16th.
Audrey and her daughter,Chloe. Born on January 5th.
Audrey and her daughter,Chloe.
Sassy and her girls,Cheyenne and Charlotte.
Sadies daughter,Jasmine.
Sadies daughter,Jasmine.
Audrey and her daughter, Chloe.
Audrey and Chloe.
Buster(daddy)and his daughter,Cheyenne. Sassy in background.
Shasta and her daughters,Mary and Maria.
Shasta and her girls,Mary and Maria. With Buster(daddy),Sadie and Jasmine.
Shastas daughters,Mary and Maria.
Sassy and her girls,Cheyenne and Charlotte.
Shasta and her girls,Mary and Maria.

Last edited:

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Your goat babies are SO cute. Their faces are the sweetest things - so innocent and mischievous at the same time! They really are a beautiful group. I'm so glad babies, mamas and dad are all doing so well!

eck1kaylie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

glory jasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Your goat babies are SO cute. Their faces are the sweetest things - so innocent and mischievous at the same time! They really are a beautiful group. I'm so glad babies, mamas and dad are all doing so well!
Thank you dear. Yes yes you are so right! They are doing what I refer to as ,"bucking broncos "!!! It's the cutest thing ever! They start running really fast.....and then, they get totally sideways while two feet in the air! Omgosh it's so funny to see! I'll get a video! Or at least I'll try to post one. Lol I am glad too. I check on them all several times a day and I enjoy each time more than the one before!

glory jasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Everyone here has so many pets, I'm jealous!
Those goats ate adorable, especially the babies! I love baby goats ^-^
I've only got one non-feline baby at the moment (although I've been pushing for a hedgehog for some time now).
Meet Louie! We used to have Louis and Clark, but poor Clark died. :(
Awe ! Do you need a few??? I ,unfortunately,have to sell the babies once they're two months old. [emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji] Waaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!! But I will soak up every minute with them until that time comes. [emoji]129303[/emoji][emoji]129303[/emoji][emoji]129303[/emoji][emoji]129303[/emoji][emoji]129303[/emoji][emoji]129303[/emoji][emoji]129303[/emoji][emoji]129303[/emoji][emoji]129303[/emoji][emoji]129303[/emoji][emoji]129303[/emoji][emoji]129303[/emoji][emoji]129303[/emoji][emoji]129303[/emoji]

Awe! How cute! I had a rat once. Loooooong time ago. His name was Sniffers. Oh I'm sorry about Clark. Did his unfortunate death have anything to do with that big,black and white cutie pie hovering over the cage??!!!!!???? [emoji]128580[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]128513[/emoji]

eck1kaylie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awe ! Do you need a few??? I ,unfortunately,have to sell the babies once they're two months old. [emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji] Waaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!! But I will soak up every minute with them until that time comes. [emoji]129303[/emoji][emoji]129303[/emoji][emoji]129303[/emoji][emoji]129303[/emoji][emoji]129303[/emoji][emoji]129303[/emoji][emoji]129303[/emoji][emoji]129303[/emoji][emoji]129303[/emoji][emoji]129303[/emoji][emoji]129303[/emoji][emoji]129303[/emoji][emoji]129303[/emoji][emoji]129303[/emoji]

Awe! How cute! I had a rat once. Loooooong time ago. His name was Sniffers. Oh I'm sorry about Clark. Did his unfortunate death have anything to do with that big,black and white cutie pie hovering over the cage??!!!!!???? [emoji]128580[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]128513[/emoji]
I wish! I love in a tiny little apartment, I don't think a host would be real happy there. XD

Lol, no, she's actually really good with them. She'll hunt and kill anything else, but she knows rats are off-limits. ;)
Clark was a little explorer, liked to jump into things. My boyfriend's brother left him out unsupervised and didn't close the bathroom door. :'(