Other Animals In Our Lives

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL...we got to talking pet goats in another forum, and I KNOW a LOT of us have other pets besides cats. I thought it would be nice to have a thread to show them off, away from the kitties! I only have Hekitty, so someone else will have to get this ball rolling! I just tossed it out on the field!

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
When our daughter lived at home, we had a zoo. Five cats, a dog, 21 hamsters, a parakeet, a rabbit, three tortoises, and a toad. I drew the line at the snake.

I came home from the grocery store one day and she bounded out, saying, "Look what I found! Can I keep it?" It was a 30 foot long python coiled around her neck. I didn't know I could say "NO!" so many times, so many ways, so fast, from the top of a 75 foot high pine tree. When I finally climbed down, the python turned out to be a little brown garter snake. I still said no very emphatically. However, I wouldn't be surprised if she'd sneaked it in and kept it hidden from me.

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have the goats lol! I just posted pictures of them on another thread but I can post them here to! I'll post them in the morning as it's getting late.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
By all means, post goats here, as well!

Mother Dragon Mother Dragon , my boys had a snake. It was a worm snake. They're about 6 inches long. His name was Q-Tip. I think the name is what let me tolerate him. I mean...who can be afraid of a Q-Tip? He got me over my thing about snakes and I'm fine with them now, although I still prefer not to share living quarters with them!

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have a huge zoo here lol
10 dogs
4 cats; and 6 rescue kittens
10 horses;
This is my Bella she is 9 years old 15.2hh bay paint.
IMG_0030.JPG

We also have a donkey! Meet Draco we rescued him from our neighbors who told us he was going to sell him to someone who wanted to turn him into dog food. So we took him right away!
IMG_3051.JPG

Then we have goats! Lol here are the goats.
Sawyer
IMG_1374.JPG

Jayde
IMG_4504.JPG

Reign
IMG_2740.JPG

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry not sure why is didn't post the rest of the goats but here we are with the rest.
Abigail
IMG_2923.JPG

Boomer
IMG_2765.JPG

George
IMG_0412.JPG

Jett
IMG_4393.JPG

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
libertygoats, that's amazing what you do. I love goats. How anyone can eat goat meat is beyond me. We have no pets other than our cats. I financially support various American shelters - also elephants in East Africa. I love elephants.

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
libertygoats, that's amazing what you do. I love goats. How anyone can eat goat meat is beyond me. We have no pets other than our cats. I financially support various American shelters - also elephants in East Africa. I love elephants.
Actually I raise these guys for youth to show and sell for meat...And have raised and currently raising market goats. One thing that is for sure is the guys that are meant for meat are treated just as well as our breeders.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually I raise these guys for youth to show and sell for meat...And have raised and currently raising market goats. One thing that is for sure is the guys that are meant for meat are treated just as well as our breeders.
I meant to add to my post that, of course, goats are eaten in many countries. I'm a vegetarian so I couldn't eat a goat, but, obviously, people have to live.

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I meant to add to my post that, of course, goats are eaten in many countries. I'm a vegetarian so I couldn't eat a goat, but, obviously, people have to live.
My mother is a vegetarian as well and that's why we have George! He was meant to be a project for market but she fell in love so he is here to stay lol

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What a gorgeous bunch of pets you guys have!
libertysgoats libertysgoats , I am especially fond of overo paints, and that pic of your girl certainly looks overo, from what I can see. Also, are your goats Toggenburg? Those ears on Jayde have that upswept tip.

In the past, my kids had everything you could think of. I grew up with a dog who was my soul-sister, and have had problems bonding with any dog after her. It isn't fair, but they just don't measure up. I'm not adverse to the idea, but it would take a very special pooch to step into Kimberly's pawprints! I did have rats for years, and adore them! I'll see if I can find some pics of my ratties.​

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL...there is just something about a cat flirting with a chicken...:lolup:

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
three little parrots and five guinea pigs with the four cats.
The guinea pigs belong to the cats but the cats aren't supposed to talk to the birds.
Tommy ate one of the new guinea pigs once because it had just been born and escaped the pen and he thought he was securing the house. It didn't look like one of this guinea pigs and moved like a cockroach.
I got this mom.
yeah the pen ended up being triple reinforced after that and when they were 3-4 months old I took down all the baby proofing and let him hang out with his guinea pigs again. He's had guinea pigs since he was a kitten and one of my first ones never got any bigger than 3-4 months cause she had medical issues so I knew he'd definitely recognize them by then.
They are over 2 years old now.

Attachments

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 they are Boer goats a meat breed. The fancy colored ones like Jayde are kinda a new thing for the Boer goats many of them are the traditional red heads with white body like Sawyer.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ah. Thank you. When I'm finished as TCS, I'll wander off and look up goat breeds. And there are some adorable mini-sheep with black faces and legs that I want to check on, as well...

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I only have The Mouse here but I am loving this thread, seeing such wonderful photographs and the stories behind them.