Oscar

Deborah0000

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
June 25, 2022 I put my best friend to sleep, I had 17 wonderful years, not enough though. I've had many cats in my life and I still have some with me now. But, none have ever captured my heart like Oscar. Like all my cats he was a feral rescue, a kitten with a URI so bad that his eye were matted shut and that is how I caught him. We got him fixed up and soon he was out in general population. He hid under the bed dreadfully afraid of the ceiling fan, that soon passed.

I was trying to find him a home but, as the days and nights wore on me and him started to become closer. He enjoyed having his belly rubbed and was very jealous of anyone cat or human that had my attention. And constantly butted my face. When I would come home from work and he was outside he would greet me by rolling on each and every paver in the the walkway until we reached the house and I would pet him on each one.

He would stay with me when I was sick. And during some of my darkest times in my life he was always there even at 2 in the morning, he would lay right beside me always as if watching over me. Due to a liver tumor that was pushing into his stomach were he was unable to eat and it was not able to be removed do to his health and the amount of weight he lost, I decided in the wee hours of the morning with Oscar by my side that I would not let him get to the point were he would suffer. That I would set aside my desire to keep him just for a little while longer, and try to give back to him just a little of what he had given me through the years of us being together. Though, I feel it is a debt I could never repay.

He took part of my heart with him that day and that's fine no cat was more deserving. I whispered in his ear before he was gone Thank You, words that fail in meaning. He's in my flower garden now were we use to hang out, everyday I see his grave and everyday my heart remembers a rolling cat on the pavers. I miss him more than words and I still Love him with what's left of my heart. I just wanted someone else to know our story. Thank you.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I just wanted someone else to know our story.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart, for sharing about him, and also for having the strength and compassion to do what is the very hardest thing.

What a wonderful cat 💓 RIP buddy, you did everything a cat could do for their person. :redheartpump::redheartpump::rbheart::redheartpump::redheartpump:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. Oscar will bring with him all happy memories of those 17 years. You loved and cared for him deeply, and for that, it was enough for him.

Such a beautiful tribute. My eyes teared up, especially that I also had a cat when I was a child named Oscar. Would you mind sharing a photo of him?

Hang in there.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To be remembered and loved after death is the greatest honor you could give him. He will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers because the bond between your two souls is a strong one built on many years of happiness. He lives on through you now, in your memories, and in your heart, the 'essence' of him will follow you until the end of your life.
The loneliness and pain of not having him in your home will lessen in time, one day you will smile at his memory instead of tears. But until then, our thoughts and prayers are with you both, may you be blessed for giving that sweet boy so many years of happiness. Take care......RIP sweet Oscar. you will be dearly missed, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you until you meet again!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Oscar, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

You have done the hardest thing we ever do...you put Oscar's wellbeing ahead of your own heartbreak. Oscar lived, breathed, and had his being wrapped in your love, and he took that love with him as he passed through the Gate between This Adventure and his Next Great Adventure. Now, from his new home in That Place Where All Things Are Known, he sends his love, translated and purified into Love, back to walk with you down through all your days. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.