Orijen feeders question?

Mochiandme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello. I was planning on switching my cats' food to Orijen but now that Mars bought (or is buying in early 2023) Champion who owns Orijen and Acana, I'm not sure. A lot of people are jumping off the Orijen wagon because Mars has a bad rep and might change the formula. I currently feed my old Sheltie Orijen senior. Let me know your thoughts please even if you don't feed Orijen. Thank you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mochiandme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would wait and see what happens. Or find a different brand just In case.
Thank you for your reply. I'm so mad lol I changed the cats' food so many times and I love Orijen's ingredients.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A lot of cat food sites are getting much more transparent, so it's easier now than it used to be to compare both ingredients as well as the nutritional analysis.

Mochiandme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A lot of cat food sites are getting much more transparent, so it's easier now than it used to be to compare both ingredients as well as the nutritional analysis.
Thank you for your reply. I have homework to do lol

Morpheus1967

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Although it is a very small amount, because the majority of his diet is wet food, I feed my cat a 50-50 mixture of Orijen Regional Red and Royal Canin Glycobalance (he is diabetic), and he only eats about 1/8 of a cup of that combination daily. I will just keep an eye on it. Because they so prominently display the percentage of ingredients on the front of the packaging, it should be easy to spot if they change it up too much.

Mochiandme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Although it is a very small amount, because the majority of his diet is wet food, I feed my cat a 50-50 mixture of Orijen Regional Red and Royal Canin Glycobalance (he is diabetic), and he only eats about 1/8 of a cup of that combination daily. I will just keep an eye on it. Because they so prominently display the percentage of ingredients on the front of the packaging, it should be easy to spot if they change it up too much.
Thank you for your reply! I love their ingredients so it'll be a shame but I'll keep an eye out too.