Oreo

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Remember Oreo? I just want to share his photos to update you of this fella:

Oreo when we were first seeing and feeding him outside our previous flat. He used to hide behind a water tank - probably to keep him ‘protected’ from other cats. He would just lay there for hours, too weak to move. His feces would be all around him:
6EECCE9A-5FE1-4A4F-8024-F8D6FEE8CA58.jpeg

Oreo when we first brought him
Inside our previous flat. Vet said he was suffering from Calici Virus and also had earmites.

534C3FD4-A529-4941-B785-6A6E8ECB67C1.jpeg

Look at him now, just a few weeks after. This was taken last night at our new apartment (Yes, we brought him with us when we moved!)
7013506D-346A-4E7F-9CAD-5D3D5E7B2866.jpeg

He has been neutered also last week. Yesterday he got his first round of vaccines and will return after a month for his second round.

The vets told us it is safe for our cats to be around him already, but I still confine him in our bathroom. Maybe after a week or two I can finally allow him to be with my cats. He has become stronger and playful, and it makes me so happy that he is now well and fine.

Oreo, my little cookie monster. I am still looking for a permanent home for him though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Maria Bayote

Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, guys.

Oreo looks like my own Pepsi. So I could not turn a blind eye on him. I imagined my Pepsi needing the same help and nobody would lend a hand. I do hope he gets his forever home. All of my friends here already have cats that also came from me - cats that we also took in before :) So I pray Oreo also gets lucky. Otherwise, I have no choice but to keep him. My husband is already in love with this cookie boy anyway.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oreo has already got lucky that someone like you has got his back. And if your hubby is already smitten with the kitten. ;) just saying. And if not I'm sure you'll find him a home soon he's to cute to be overlooked.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Maria Bayote

Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. :)

Oreo has bonded with my husband. They spend most of their time "talking" to each other. I cannot help but smile when I hear them conversing. When the subject of Oreo having to find a forever home pops up, my husband's mood suddenly changes. He obviously wants to keep this cat but just cannot admit to me openly. Haha! I keep explaining to him that we would not be able to help more if we just continue keeping cats.

Last edited: