Oreo

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We found him laying next to his bed this morning. He had lymphoma. I knew his time was coming, and was planning to take him in for euthanasia next week, but now we've been spared that difficult trip at least.

He was a sweet and patient cat. He taught my daughter about proper cat handling, being gentle and patient when she was a baby and toddler and was too young to understand, then becoming increasingly firm as she grew into preschool age.

He was both buddy and boss to our dogs. I remember putting him in the garage one night to sleep with the dogs (each dog weighs 50 pounds) because the animals kept waking our little one, and in the morning finding him stretched across both dog beds while they attempted to share his cat bed with each other.

We buried him in the yard next to Petey, the dog who raised him from a kitten.

It's been a hard day.

He was the last of our four tuxedo cats. The last of all of our cats. Over the past five years, we have lost all five of our cats. They all had good long lives, but I still have a hole in my heart from their loss.

Goodbye sweet boy, play happily over the Bridge. Have fun once again wrestling and snuggling with your old tuxedo buddies. I know you missed them.

RIP Oreo. 2/20/96 - 1/17/15

zoneout

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sorry for your loss.   He sounds like a great cat.   It must have been hard on your daughter.   He lived a full life in a loving home.... what more could any cat (or person for that matter) want.   

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry.  It's never easy even when you know the time is coming.  RIP sweet Oreo.  

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Words somehow fail to say what we really want to at times, just know I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. He died at home with the ones he loved, for that I am grateful. I would wish the same for all our loved ones. I know the hole it leaves in our hearts sometimes seems to never heal, but with time our memories will comfort us and allow that hole to heal. It is so hard to be the one left to mourn, but I'm sure your sweet Oreo would want you to remember the good times, and not dwell on the end. I'm so glad you were blessed with the love of so many furry family members, it is one of the joys of life to feel that love and to return it a hundredfold. Take care.......... RIP beautiful Oreo, you were greatly loved!  

riley1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So sorry for your loss!  I had to put my baby to sleep yesterday.  He had cancer as well and was only 13.  This is the very first pet I have had & lost for 40 years and I have never had to put one to sleep.  I know your feelings.  Take care.

mnm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
aww..I'm so sorry for your loss of sweet Oreo. Minnie was also a black tuxedo cat..left us too soon at age 10..but Mikki is still with us..she is a gray tuxedo.
I know your sadness and again, am so sorry for your loss.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss of Oreo; it's tough to have lost them all in such a short time span. The thought of him taking the dogs' beds makes me chuckle - he must have been quite the character. RIP, Oreo. :rbheart:

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry for the loss of your sweet Oreo. I feel your pain as I have also lost my precious baby. My Mickey passed last July but the pain is still very fresh. He also passed naturally at home. I am grateful for that at least. Your Oreo had a long happy life with you being loved. He passed at home where he felt safe and loved. We still miss them but know that they felt safe and loved even as they were leaving us. They will remain in our hearts forever and we will always feel their loss.
RIP Sweet Oreo!
Hope you are now playing with my Mickey!