Oreo is to possessive over toys and food

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Oreo Cookie is a small cat because she had fcks and was the runt of her litter. When I got her she was half the size of the others. I got her because I knew know one would want a cat with fcks. She looks like a 6 month old cat but is 1.
Do you think Oreo is possessive over toys because she is small. She will take the toys and if another cat comes near her except Coco she will swat then growl. Is there a way to stop her from doing that. She also has them scared of eating with her except Coco. What can I do to make her stop being bossy to them? If Sasha is eating and Oreo comes over to eat she will leave. Meeko will also leave. When Oreo gest possessive over the toys and mean to the others Coco will stop it. Oreo acts like Coco is her mom even though Coco is 16.5 and she is 1. Coco even let Oreo try to nurse on her. Oreo was 3 months when I got her.

thecatcoach

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It sounds like Oreo is resource guarding. It could be because of her being so tiny. I recommend that you feed her in her own separate room.

Also, make sure that there is enough territory... especially vertical territory. I keep going back to that... Additionally, I don't know what the toy situation is, but you may want to consider expanding the kind of toys you have to include a wide variety. I recommend Turbo Scratchers and puzzle boxes. Make sure the toys are in different areas of the rooms or house.
Marilyn