Orbax - loss of appetite

hannahgirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat has been on orbax for over a week, for a urinary problem. Today, she is refusing to eat. So far, she has only missed one meal but I've already sent an email to my Vet to see what I should do.

Has anyone had a similar experience? I'm wondering if it's the orbax that has taken away her appetite...she is getting older and every month or two, there is a new medical situation.

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

My cat has been on orbax for over a week, for a urinary problem. Today, she is refusing to eat. So far, she has only missed one meal but I've already sent an email to my Vet to see what I should do.

Has anyone had a similar experience? I'm wondering if it's the orbax that has taken away her appetite...she is getting older and every month or two, there is a new medical situation.
Loss of appetite is one of the listed side effects. See http://www.petcarerx.com/medication...ts-and-dogs-to-treat-infections/1054?page=all

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hannahgirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I definitely will stop the meds and hope she eats again soon.

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Thank you. I definitely will stop the meds and hope she eats again soon.
Please contact your vet first thing tomorrow for a medication change or adjustment.  Urinary tract infections can be serious and stopping a medication before you talk to your vet could put your cat at risk.  Good luck and keep us update.