Orange or cream

Rachael C

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IMG_5580.jpeg

This is Raja, got her at 4 weeks old and thought she was a boy, I was wrong. Keeping her name Raja as she knows her name and its what she comes to, so my question is she orange or cream colored. She is my first ginger kitty.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS! Raja is a very pretty kitty. Cream and orange are essentially the same things, except the term cream is used when the coloring is diluted or muted. So, I'd call her a cream tabby. There are tons of articles about tabby colorings and not all agree, but here is one that seems to fit your girl in terms of the coloring.
What Is A Cream Tabby Cat? (kittyinsight.com)

I am sure other members, ideally with more knowledge than me, will come along and offer their opinions too

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm going to guess she'll end up an orange tabby. A little hard to tell from her belly. Kittens colors often darken or at least get more defined later.

Zara12345

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
View attachment 478312
This is Raja, got her at 4 weeks old and thought she was a boy, I was wrong. Keeping her name Raja as she knows her name and its what she comes to, so my question is she orange or cream colored. She is my first ginger kitty.
My my she is cute.
So the term orange or ginger does not represent the gene. Technically she is a Red Mackeral Tabby. Cream would be a dilution of the red gene and cream cats are a lot lighter than this

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with Zara12345 Zara12345 red mackerel tabby. Speck in my banner is a mackerel tabby, except his color is buff. When he was a baby, the vet techs fell in love with him and said he looked like a Creamsicle.

IslandGirl242

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
View attachment 478312
So precious 🤗
I don't know how people see orange in a cat... orange is very bright. I had one similar and I always referred to her color as TAN.