Oral Hygiene

Graceful-Lily

*Alien*
Top Cat
Reaction score
Felix's teeth aren't too bad. He does have some tartar on them and mild gingivitis. But that's only because sometimes I forget to brush for months. His breath has also improved since I've been brushing everyday.

Is there anything else that can help with the tartar and gingivitis? Maybe a specific brand of toothpaste, an herb, drink, or something?

I currently use these: ARM & HAMMER™ Advanced Pet Care Cat Toothpaste & Brush Set | cat Dental Sprays & Toothbrushes | PetSmart

I just need something to loosen the tartar enough for me to remove it. His tartar never gets hard because I always pick it off before it gets "permanent".

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Reaction score
CET makes a tartar control toothpaste. The seafood and beef ones are the tartar control ones.

It looks like CET is making the cat dental chews again: C.E.T.® Oral Hygiene Chews for Cats It takes awhile for a cat to gnaw a chew apart into small enough pieces to swallow.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Graceful-Lily

*Alien*
Top Cat
Reaction score
LTS3 LTS3 - Is baking soda safe to use? This is what I was using before daily. A little on a damp paper towel...

Or maybe this?

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Reaction score
I don't think seaweed or anything plant-like would help with dental care.

Baking soda in large amounts can cause foamy vomit. A teeny amount likely wouldn't hut. I'd still stick with pet toothpaste.