Optic Lymphosarcoma

keyes

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My 20 year old, Tippy, was diagnosed last Thursday with optic lymphosarcoma.  My heart is breaking.  My vet and I have agreed to do comfort care for him which includes daily doses of pred and a liquid oral dose of gabapentin along with using liquid tears for his right eye to keep it moist.  At  this time, other than the bulging of the right eye, you would never guess that he has cancer.  Has anyone else out there gone thru this with their furbabies?  Any words of advice or what to look for as this advances would be much appreciated.  He is my grumpy guy and I know that when the time comes I will do what is best for him but I would like to keep him with me a little bit longer.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am sorry about your dear, old Tippy's diagnosis. Twenty wonderful years with you and I completely understand you wanting more time. It is so hard when "that" time is coming near. I don't have any suggestions or helpful tips on this diagnosis but I certainly hope the Tippy will be comfortable and give you the gift of a little more time with you. :cross: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Last edited: