Opinions on this food

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
With shortages in stores, and living out in the county, I'm looking at what I can get locally for an affordable price, at least until I can get the food I regularly feed. They also get wet food everyday in addition to dry, but I can't afford to feed wet food only since I currently have 14 cats. What are people's thoughts on this dry food (it's a local Canadian food so it's not online on any review sites).

20220121_171125[1].jpg

Just looking for opinions on this food, going to the city is not currently an option and since I live out in the country I only have a PO box in town for any and all delivery, nothing delivers to my house so mail ordering food is also out of the question.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Personally not a fan of the peas in the first three ingredients...but overall it's not that bad, especially if this is just temporary. It's hard to find many foods that don't have some sort of grain or starch within the first 4-5 ingredients, never mind during a time when product availability and consistency is hard to come by. And this food is by far better than a food with a corn based product as the main protein.
I would only caution you on this food as some kitties are sensitive to peas, and it seems like there must be enough in it as it's high up on the list. If you already feed your kitties with a food containing peas then I guess your fine...just wanted to give you a heads up on some possible messy and smelly poops! :lol:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One thing I will add, being a Canadian food...IF the ingredients are also sourced/manufactured in Canada as well, at least you can be sure that the quality is a bit better too. We also have strict guidelines about "named meats" on our labels. So the fact that the meal is actually named as chicken and not "meat" or "by-product" meal, that is also a good sign.