Opinions on kitten gender

Falena

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all,
First I would like to state that these are not my kittens. A friend of mine fostered a pregnant mama and is currently raising this litter. I'm usually pretty good at sexing kittens, but we are both finding this litter quite difficult and would like some confirmation or second, third, fourth etc opinions!
These are the little guys :redheartpump:

Kitten Group Pic.png
And here are their bottoms :lol:

Tabby Boy smaller image.png Black Female smaller image.png Tabby White Girl smaller image.png White tabby Girl smaller image.png

I'm Thinking the black and solid tabby are boys and the two tabby with white are girls? But I'd love to hear your opinions. They have a vet appointment scheduled but it's not until the 26th , really want to know 😂💕

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Falena

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Looks like left top and bottom are boys and right top and bottom are gals.

They are so cute! :hearthrob::redheartpump:

View attachment 431495
Thank you for your response!
Aren't they just! They're so sweet , especially the black one s/he is like a little bat, loves to hang onto you like one too😂🥰
So you don't think those are testicles on the black kit?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Thank you for your response!
Aren't they just! They're so sweet , especially the black one s/he is like a little bat, loves to hang onto you like one too😂🥰
So you don't think those are testicles on the black kit?
Oh yea, they are cuteness overload.

Now that you asked about the black kitten and upon a closer look as the photo is not that clear, it could be a boy. Hard to see the testicles but looks like it has a penile opening and it's round and it's further from the anus.

Falena

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you! Yes, Unfortunately the pictures were taken on a DSLR and the file size is enormous, so it had to be shrunk down quite a bit which made the image far less clear. I have another if it helps? I think this one may be a tiny bit clearer :)
Black kitty.png

Falena

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh yea, they are cuteness overload.

Now that you asked about the black kitten and upon a closer look as the photo is not that clear, it could be a boy. Hard to see the testicles but looks like it has a penile opening and it's round and it's further from the anus.
(Sorry forgot to quote) I've posted another pic above.
That picture is larger so you're able to zoom in if need be! the all tabby looks for sure like a boy and the dominant white definitely a girl , so just the black and the tabby and white to go 🐈⬛😄

Falena

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Think it's a boy.
Thank you! I actually have changed my mind too and think they might all be boys! I suspected that was the case originally when I first met them at my friend's house but this has been the hardest litter I've ever attempted to sex :lol: I really don't know

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's harder when they're all the same sex! Because there are variations but you don't have one of the other sex to compare to. I had a litter of all girls are there was one I thought was a boy until her testicles never dropped. Even then I wasn't positive until she was spayed, lol.

I'm pretty sure they're all boys, the orange one is the trickiest though (the last pic).

Wait. . .looking at that kitty's front end, does it have both orange and dark tabby? That one might actually be a girl.