Opinions on Fromm

lokhismom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was looking at some new food on Chewy and came across Fromm.     I noticed the ingredients are very limited so was wondering if anyone has any experience feeding...

https://www.chewy.com/fromm-four-star-nutritionals-chicken/dp/130432

Fromm chicken and duck pate

Ingredients

Chicken, Chicken Broth, Chicken Liver, Duck, Flaxseed, Tomato Paste, Salt, Potassium Chloride,Minerals, Xanthan Gum, Dried Egg Product, Locust Bean Gum, Taurine, Vitamins.

https://frommfamily.com/products/four-star/cat/can/chicken-and-duck-pate/

kacy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I feed this flavor quite often, and haven't had any kitty complaints. They just reformulated their wet foods as I believe they switched canneries. They also recently had a voluntary recall of a select few dog canned foods due to excess Vitamin D levels, but their cat food wasn't involved in this. (Incidentally, I think this was their first recall EVER.) They're family-owned, Wisconsin-based, and have been around for over 100 years. A solid company! And no, I don't work for them. 

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I will be watching this thread and I'm very curious what people have to say about Fromm.  It's one of the food choices on my list since Acana changed their formula and are no longer shipping from Canada.  Kacy, thanks for your recommendation.  I also heard they are from WI and family owned.

zylaai

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I haven't heard of this brand before! Overall it looks pretty good, especially due to the lack of icky gums, carrageenan and fillers. 

EDIT: So I was reading the reviews and unfortunately it looks like Fromm recently changed their formula, and now includes gums like Xanthan gum and Locus Bean gum. ): How disappointing!

Last edited:

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I haven't heard of this brand before! Overall it looks pretty good, especially due to the lack of icky gums, carrageenan and fillers. 

EDIT: So I was reading the reviews and unfortunately it looks like Fromm recently changed their formula, and now includes gums like Xanthan gum and Locus Bean gum. ): How disappointing!
I agree! My first reaction to the ingredient list was that, wow, this food doesn't have all the carby vegetables like their previous recipes, this is worth trying... but then I saw the gums, which I'm trying to reduce, with the ultimate goal of eliminating them from our cats' diet.