Oopsie Pregnancy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anime Chick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It is expected, at least by people who are honest and sincere. I remember a poster on Nextdoor who posted about her kittens and was asking what to set for the fee - a neighbor approached her in the midst of working out that detail and offered a rehoming fee, and said that the fee was to show good faith :)
Mm, thats why I wanted to set a good price. Something not too high but not too low. I'm no professional breeder so I doubt I could get a MASSIVE amount.

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mm, thats why I wanted to set a good price. Something not too high but not too low. I'm no professional breeder so I doubt I could get a MASSIVE amount.
In my area (Baltimore/DC metro), average rehoming fees run between $25 and $50 per kitten. If I recall correctly, you're in a more rural area, so I believe that something like $25 is a realistic fee.

Anime Chick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In my area (Baltimore/DC metro), average rehoming fees run between $25 and $50 per kitten. If I recall correctly, you're in a more rural area, so I believe that something like $25 is a realistic fee.
Well, I never actually stated where I was from. But yeah thats correct I guess... its a medium sized town. I don't live like... far out into the country with lots of fields or anything like that.

So you think $25 would be best then? Like I said, I don't wanna make it too high but also not too low.

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, I never actually stated where I was from. But yeah thats correct I guess... its a medium sized town. I don't live like... far out into the country with lots of fields or anything like that.

So you think $25 would be best then? Like I said, I don't wanna make it too high but also not too low.
You stated it in another thread earlier this year or late last year. Somehow it stuck in my brain.

Yes, $25 is reasonable.

Anime Chick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You stated it in another thread earlier this year or late last year. Somehow it stuck in my brain.

Yes, $25 is reasonable.
What I mean is I never stated where I live. I actually intentionally never spoke it because I have anxiety issues. You may have saw it on GoGetFunding, cause the website forced my location to be viewable since it would show up on there when I originally posted the link up to try to get help for funding for Yukiko.

But I never mentioned it myself specifically. So thats probably where you saw it located.

Anime Chick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Where did you find a washable heating pad?
On Amazon. They have some thats non-electric and some that are. The one I saw that was electric said you can remove the insides which contain the electrical stuff to wash it. I can give you a link if you like.

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What I mean is I never stated where I live. I actually intentionally never spoke it because I have anxiety issues. You may have saw it on GoGetFunding, cause the website forced my location to be viewable since it would show up on there when I originally posted the link up to try to get help for funding for Yukiko.

But I never mentioned it myself specifically. So thats probably where you saw it located.
Oh, I have no idea where you actually live. No need to worry. I just remembered that it was rural; in that thread, you mentioned how far the vets are and how there's little public transportation.

Anime Chick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, I have no idea where you actually live. No need to worry. I just remembered that it was rural; in that thread, you mentioned how far the vets are and how there's little public transportation.
Oh, yeah, I don't live in a city or anything. Theres some Lyft but not many people are driving them so they tend to be VERY unreliable and far as I've seen theres no actual 'bus stop', we have Greenway Van which you have to call WEEKS in advance to plan anything with... but its basically a medium-size town.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think $25 sounds very reasonable, for "just the kitten," without any shots, spay/neuters, etc. To be very frank, as much as it sickens me, few people would pay that much for an animal they want to use for some twisted purpose. They're going to look for "free to good homes" kittens offered by people who have no clue how to screen.

Anime Chick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think $25 sounds very reasonable, for "just the kitten," without any shots, spay/neuters, etc. To be very frank, as much as it sickens me, few people would pay that much for an animal they want to use for some twisted purpose. They're going to look for "free to good homes" kittens offered by people who have no clue how to screen.
Right, thats part of why I am concerned about price.
I don't want some random creep to lie during the screening and then pay something thats too cheap where they can just sell it later on the black market for something or whatever else. I've heard horror stories about kittens being sold to science or to be used as bait for dog fights. So I want something that won't make people AVOID buying if they are legit people but also make people that are bad avoid paying that much.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've never heard of them reselling for more than $30-35, and that's TOP dollar. If you charge $25, the profit margine is too low for them, and they will look elsewhere.

Anime Chick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've never heard of them reselling for more than $30-35, and that's TOP dollar. If you charge $25, the profit margine is too low for them, and they will look elsewhere.
I had actually considered before this doing $50 cause thats how much they adopt out kittens for around here at PetSense that had a few shots.

Fish Em

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Reading this thread was much different than reading your other thread about adopting the feral. You seem to have lots of confidence and taken control despite the circumstances. I find that when I read about other members here takonn care of ferals and strays- that despite having next to no help taking care of the local ferals, they still do it. And as stressful as a litter of kittens may be, you seem like you are reaching out and getting some preparations for possible adoptions. Thats a big step.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I had actually considered before this doing $50 cause thats how much they adopt out kittens for around here at PetSense that had a few shots.
If they have had their first shots, then $50 is reasonable. Be sure to have copies of the innoculation records and vet checks for adopters.

Anime Chick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Reading this thread was much different than reading your other thread about adopting the feral. You seem to have lots of confidence and taken control despite the circumstances. I find that when I read about other members here takonn care of ferals and strays- that despite having next to no help taking care of the local ferals, they still do it. And as stressful as a litter of kittens may be, you seem like you are reaching out and getting some preparations for possible adoptions. Thats a big step.
To be honest, I'm still really scared but despite everything, I feel its my responsibility to do this. I've been trying to prep for a while before I reached out here but no one could offer me any advice. Desperation for answers took over so I posted here.

I'll do everything I can to make sure this goes well.

Anime Chick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If they have had their first shots, then $50 is reasonable. Be sure to have copies of the innoculation records and vet checks for adopters.
Right. I'll have to save up money to the side for their vet bills too.
I have an unused notebook. I think all the stuff pertaining to this will be kept in there so its easier to keep track of.