Oops.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, this is the age to introduce solids. If he has trouble with it you can mush it up with water (or KMR but I tend to feel that isn't necessary for a mother-raised kitten) but it sounds like he isn't having any trouble. His mother will likely let him nurse a bit for several months but will start reducing how often she allows it now that he's on solids. Now is also the time to introduce a shallow litterbox, because mama cat won't want to clean him up anymore! He should start grooming himself soon, too. I love watching baby kittens lick their paws---aww, it's so cute when little kitties act like big kitties :D.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd be glad he refuses the junk food. Nature balance is a good food. He have a name yet? He looks like a Casanova to me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

haleyds

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He's eating the patte very easily actually, and he begs for it whenever I feed mama, I've gotten where I have to put his down first or he will try to crawl into her bowl haha! He also crawled into the big boy litterbox all on his own last night, he didn't go just yet but it's a start. I'm actually going to the store today to get some unscented corn litter and a small tray for him.
We haven't named him for the fact we can't make up our mind :lol: he was Romeo, then Loki, then (jokingly) Damien, and then Joey. It's so hard for me to name cats