Oops! Feral kitten taken in for TNR, has other ideas

e_l_green

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I took her in for TNR because she was too old to easily tame, but then brought her into the house because it's cold outside and kittens have trouble regulating their temperature after surgery. So I figured I'd shuffle this little girl into a carrier in a few days and then let her go outside again to be with her colony.

She seems to have other ideas.

Well foo. Guess I have to find a home for an ear-tipped calico kitten!

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
HAHAHA Yes I'm chuckling over here as yes, they often do have their own ideas.

I agree it's so hard to tell. I have three ferals inside now. One of them took ownership of the place. They all have no interest - at all - in going outside and adapted, mostly, as if they've always lived here. There are tell tail sighs like they are skittish with unfamiliar noises and strangers but for the most part they appear content.

Good job getting her fixed! Here are some good wishes that you find her the perfect place to call her own surrounded by loveeee.

XOXOXO

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I have had that happen with feral litters as well. Alice, my avatar, is one and Billy who was one of my great all time cats was another. She is adorable and wants to be someone's baby so badly.

kittychick

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What an ADORABLE baby (and happy thing to picture as I head to bed)! And a gorgeous little dilute calico to top it off! I think you'll have NO trouble finding a wonderful forever home for a real sweetie like her!!!!!! Glad she found you! :catlove:

Sounds like we've all had similar experiences! I had a litter that I knew with complete certainty that they were 2 generations in of completely feral - - -but someone forgot to tell the runt of the litter. While everyone else was practicing ferocious kitten hissing, the little one was practicing snuggling, purring, sleeping belly up while making biscuits. I had her a whopping 3 days after fixing her! I still get a pic now and then - - - and how she's a big love bug of a cat who STILL loves sleeping belly up and making biscuits!

They know who the suckers are who'll find them loving homes. I think it's tattooed on our foreheads!

Let us know when she finds a home!

kittychick

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hello everyone. My name is Kittychick and I'm officially a dilute calico Edward G. Robinson- meowing kitten video junkie.

I've watched this video 4 times in a row now. She just makes me so happy! Knowing that she's fixed - AND safe AND warm - not to mention so happy and loving that she almost purrs herself off the ledge! And to know that she's out of a colony, and ready to go to a loving home reminds me there ARE good people out there who want to do the right thing when it comes to animals!

Thanks again for posting it. Except you might need to pay for my detox time. :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

e_l_green

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I gave her a name -- Kathy -- because she's so chatty. I also took her to my usual vet, who confirmed that she is around 14 weeks old because her adult incisors are coming in, "she's just small," he noted, also noting that she had good heft to her for her size so she wasn't malnourished.

I also introduced her to laps. She liked that. You can tell from her eyes that she is just totally relaxed. (Cat pupils dilate when they feel threatened). As if you can't tell from the rest of her body language, lol!

She does have a cold, unfortunately. You can see she's dripping a little snot from her nose. She's still eating good though, so the vet said bring her back in only if the snot turns green or she stops eating.

kittychick

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's definitely quite happy with you! She looks about as relaxed as it gets. And those eyes ------ SO sweet! I'm a sucker for "eyeliner" (my avatar kitty - "Bowie" - is named for one of the kings of "guyliner" - Alice Cooper). Alice is just a beautiful kitten - - - and she's obviously totally in love with you! Any chance she's already in her forever home? :catlove:

You'l have to keep us posted as to where she goes- - she's just precious!

e_l_green

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And Kathy Kat has gone on to her new forever home. She bonded with him almost immediately, giving him her little kitty kisses and purring for him once we did the introduction, and I'm sure they'll be quite happy together. In a way I'm sad to see her go, given how sweet she is, but there will be other kittens. Sadly, there always are.

e_l_green

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Bonus picture -- Kathy Kat at her new furrever home! Photo texted to me by her new hooman. She has already found and annointed the litter box, ate a can of Fancy Feast, and received lots of pets and cuddles. Now, tired out from catting, she reclines on her chaise lounge. This kitten is going to be *so* spoiled by her hooman -- and deserves it.

Attachments

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And Kathy Kat has gone on to her new forever home. She bonded with him almost immediately, giving him her little kitty kisses and purring for him once we did the introduction, and I'm sure they'll be quite happy together. In a way I'm sad to see her go, given how sweet she is, but there will be other kittens. Sadly, there always are.
I'm so happy for Kathy Kat. :catlove:
And, yes, sadly there will be other kittens. But thankfully, there also will be people like you looking out for them. :petcat:

1571911875825.png

NovaAutumn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What a sweetie! I love a happy ending! I recently caught a feral kitten with the intent of getting her spayd (and she has been). I was amazed how quickly she began to trust me by the end of the first day -- she willingly (with a little coaxing ;)) got into my lap, and as the days went on was asking for more and more cuddles.