Onyx has passed away...

oogieone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My baby Onyx has passed away. I was going to make an appointment with the vet to have him put to sleep on Friday. And I was struggling with the choice but realized it was selfish not to do so. I was glad he was able to pass quickly and peacefully at home with me by his side. It was very hard and sad to see his last moments but I knew that death was freeing him from the pain of liver cancer complicated with hepatic lipodosis. He fought hard...he really tried to hold on. I could see it in his eyes that he didn't want to leave me. He looked up into my face with his kind eyes and said goodbye...I will miss him so much...have fun playing up there at the Rainbow Bridge, Onyx! I love you!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm sorry for your loss. His spirit is still looking over you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oogieone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all of your kind words... I was wondering...has anyone heard their cat after it died? What I mean is, I have been woken up from a sound sleep a couple times by what sounded like Onyx's meow. I know it sounds crazy, but it is true...

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
how thoughtful of him to take that hard decision out of your hands...
to you - he's happy & healthy now, playing with butterflies while waiting for you at the bridge
he was a beautiful boy!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Rest in peace Onyx, you beautiful boy. Keep watch over your mommy and know that she loves and misses you.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss, RIP Onyx!

. I was wondering...has anyone heard their cat after it died? What I mean is, I have been woken up from a sound sleep a couple times by what sounded like Onyx's meow.
I have. He's just letting you know that he's ok and is watching over you!

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I`m so sorry for you and Onyx.
RIP little one

I don`t have any experience of it myself but I`ve read other post where people have heard or even seen their pets that have passed.
I think he`s just letting you know he is ok and he`s happy now.