Only Natural Pet Store - new frozen surcharge and shipping charge change

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They now have NO shipping charge on orders over $79.00!! :clap: but a higher frozen surcharge :nothappy: I know other's purchase Rad Cat from Only Natural Pet but thought I would post this anyway. ONP just made the following changes to their shipping/frozen surcharges. I purchase my RAD CAT from them and am on an autoship program. I just called and asked HOW many pounds can fit into one box. They told me 20 pounds - which would be 20 16 ounce containers. Even though the new frozen surcharge is $29.95 without a shipping charge, it works out to be less than the old frozen surcharge plus shipping cost by weight.

I still wish (OH DO I WISH) I could find a place closer that sells Rad Cat here in the Midwest. ONP is the closest I can find - Boulder, CO. Pip is on Rad Cat full time now and loves it and is doing so well. I feed it on rotation to the other's. I just wish it wasn't so darn expensive. :slant:

Here is the notice on ONP's new charges:

Dear Valued Customer,

We have some exciting news about our Simplify Life automatic delivery program that goes into effect on Monday, August 26th:

We are now offering Free Shipping on ALL orders of $79 or more, no exceptions.

All orders under $79 will ship for a flat rate of $6.99.

Here are some important points for you to know:

•Food is now part of our free shipping program, as is every product on our website.
•If your current Simplify Life automatic delivery order is $79 or more, your order will ship FREE.
•If your current order is below the $79 minimum, your shipping charge will be a flat rate of $6.99.
•Your 10% Simplify Life discount will still apply to your order.
•The Frozen Raw Box Surcharge will increase to $29.95 for the first box and $19.95 for each additional box.
•All Free Shipping and Flat Rate frozen raw orders will ship via UPS Ground or UPS 3 Day delivery, at our discretion. If you would like to choose a faster method, we will still have UPS 2 Day Delivery and UPS Overnight options.

Last edited:

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can honestly say the increased frozen surcharge doesn't surprise me. The logistics for shipping frozen items is crazy.

Depending on how much it affects budget, you could consider a "buddy system" where others you trust go in with you on the order to save on shipping. Kind of like e-commerce carpooling. 

I do this with my mom and sister when purchasing pet products online. I buy everything with my credit card, and then they give me the money for the items they ordered and we split shipping three ways. Just a thought.