Oni....

aiode

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I posted about our beloved Oni here: 17 Year Old Blind Cat

Today we did the most difficult thing I've ever had to do.
We said goodbye to our sweet girl.

Her health was declining rapidly. It wasn't fair to her. It was evident she was in pain.
I can't say enough good things about our vet. So amazing.
Oni is at peace now.

Goodbye, my Fur-Rat, PITA. I'll always love you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aiode

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you. What a sweet thing to say.
I just keep reminding myself of my favorite memories of her.

She was one freakin crazy cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aiode

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Her, she was a Tuxedo cat. Very regal.
We got her in 2002. She was abandoned. The office where my husband worked at the time took her in. We think she was a year old then.

No one in the office could keep her, so I made my husband bring her home to us :)
She settled in very quickly. She loved to tear around the house growling at the walls. She was very protective of us.

Back story: I was a surrogate. I was pregnant very soon after we got her. I woke up one night with the most horrific Charley horse in my left leg. Managed to work it out and fall back asleep. Woke up a bit later and Oni was laying on my left leg. Why is this so weird? We slept with our door closed. We have no idea how she managed to get into our bedroom.

She was an indoor cat, except for the occasional adventure on our deck, which is a good 10 feet above ground.
One day, she is out there and I can hear her yelling. I go look and she has caught me a bird. She is sitting there singing her praises and pushing the bird (still alive....ugh) towards me. She was so proud.

How the heck did she catch a bird on the deck? Must have been some dumb bird. LOL

She loved to climb on top of anyone who dared tried to take a nap on the sofa. She would purr so loud napping was impossible. That is, until you gave her some snuggles. Then she would let you nap.

Thank you for letting me tell some of her stories. It was very therapeutic.
The tumor in her brain took our Oni away. She is at peace now.

SkittlesisAwesome

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you. What a sweet thing to say.
I just keep reminding myself of my favorite memories of her.

She was one freakin crazy cat.
Her, she was a Tuxedo cat. Very regal.
We got her in 2002. She was abandoned. The office where my husband worked at the time took her in. We think she was a year old then.

No one in the office could keep her, so I made my husband bring her home to us :)
She settled in very quickly. She loved to tear around the house growling at the walls. She was very protective of us.

Back story: I was a surrogate. I was pregnant very soon after we got her. I woke up one night with the most horrific Charley horse in my left leg. Managed to work it out and fall back asleep. Woke up a bit later and Oni was laying on my left leg. Why is this so weird? We slept with our door closed. We have no idea how she managed to get into our bedroom.

She was an indoor cat, except for the occasional adventure on our deck, which is a good 10 feet above ground.
One day, she is out there and I can hear her yelling. I go look and she has caught me a bird. She is sitting there singing her praises and pushing the bird (still alive....ugh) towards me. She was so proud.

How the heck did she catch a bird on the deck? Must have been some dumb bird. LOL

She loved to climb on top of anyone who dared tried to take a nap on the sofa. She would purr so loud napping was impossible. That is, until you gave her some snuggles. Then she would let you nap.

Thank you for letting me tell some of her stories. It was very therapeutic.
The tumor in her brain took our Oni away. She is at peace now.

How Crazy? I would have loved to see him/her.

Oh. Nice
I think that she was a ok cat

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart goes out to you for the pain and the emptiness you are feeling in your heart for the passing of your beautiful Oni. I just lost my seventeen year old Burt two weeks ago. He displayed all the symptoms your sweet girl did too, it was heartbreaking to see him stumble and get so very weak. It makes it worse somehow to do so much for them at the end, all the cleaning, the preparing of different foods to entice them, the constant worry, and finally, I actually prayed for God to take him because he was existing, not living anymore. To watch someone you have loved and had in your life for so long go through all this is horribly painful. The loneliness and quietness afterwards is even more so. But you'll get through it, you have to. Your little girl has a bond with your soul that will never leave you, it is spiritual, so eternal. You are left behind to carry her memory in your heart, to perpetuate the love that she left you as her legacy and to know she was on this earth for a reason, to share your life for a while. The physical body is just a vessel to hold that loving 'essence' of her, her personality, her strength, her love that she shared so willingly. You gave her that love and a wonderful home in return, and that is all she ever wanted. You somehow found the strength at the end to help her through her end, you were there for her and she thanks you for it. She would never want you to go on in such sadness, she would never want that for the one she loved above all else. Go forward into the future and seek sunshine and happiness once more, it is as she would want, as you would want for her if you were the first to go. She will always be near, her journey will always parallel yours. Use your precious memories for comfort and know she will always love you as you will always love her. Take care......RIP beautiful Oni, you were so very fortunate to love the ones who love and miss you so very much. May your journey to the Rainbow Bridge be a swift one, may God bless and keep you until you all can be reunited once more! Goodnight, sleep tight, sweet Princess!

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lovely story. I often heard about cats rubbing against such areas of the body. I suspect is about temperature, but even so it is difficult to understand why they do that.

You have so nice memories about Oni!

My tears here.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry that you lost your little friend, but she is fine now, can see and is happy and healthy, you will meet again one day and it will be wonderful.

I hope your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless......:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Oni, dream you deep. Now your dreams are full of vision. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.