One year ago today....

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I made a post here one year ago today. My heart was broke in two. I lost my Merlin one year ago today. I will never forget the pain I felt on this day. He was my child...I don't care that he was a cat, and not my actual child...he WAS my child...I raised him from an abandoned baby and had him for 3 years, in my home and in my heart. This is my rememberence of Merlin....baby...I love you and I still miss you!!!! And some day I will see you again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you...all four of you who have replied are people I feel a deep bond with because I have known you all long enough to know what good hearts you have and to form a friendship with you all, and I know you care. I know he is okay and he will be with me again someday...I just miss him even more today since I remeber how hard it was a year ago to bury him.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Debby, I wasn't here a year ago, but I understand your heartache and pain. My cats are my kids too, and it does hurt to lose them ! {{HUGS}}

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Debby, it´s unbelievable that it´s a year allready! I remember this so well, and I felt your pain so deep. This was not that long after my Pollýanna had gone missing for a couple of days, and I realized how very much I loved her (of course I knew I loved her so much, but it became really scary with a real possiblity of loosing her....ohhh, how can I explane this...), I cried the whole time, and the thought of loosing her forever was just too much. I remember going to my s/o in tears, telling him that Debby´s Merlin had died. He was like a huge question mark, who is Debby, who is Merlin????

Debby, I am so sorry for you loss, and I know it still hurts. You´ll never forget your Merlin and the love you too shared, and I´m sure he is right there with you, watching over you and cuddling next to you.

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wasn't here a year ago either but my heart goes out to you.

Merlin is still watching over you and cuddling up to you every chance he gets.

My kitties are my kids too.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts tonight. I didn't realize this thread had been moved to another forum and was wondering where it went, I just posted it in the lounge because that is where I feel my friends are...but I should have just posted it here to begin with, I wasn't thinking straight...thanks to the mod who moved it for me.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Debby, my heart aches for you you on this difficult day. I'm so very sorry for the anguish you must feel as you honor your your cherished Merlin.
I love Sierra more than life itself and dare not imagine the pain and void you must have in your heart thinking about your preceous baby. Merlin is watching over his loving Mommy now joyfully looking forward to the time when the two of you are reunited. Thank you for sharing your feelings. We are all here for you.

Stephanie

yola

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Debby . . . I can sense that you are still hurting very badly over Merlin. Understandably so . . . he was so very special to you.

You've had a rather horrible year, and I so very much hope and pray that things have bottomed out and start getting better very, very quickly now on all fronts.

Lots of hugs and love.

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Debby I wasn't here one year ago either, but I feel I know you within the short time I have been here. I am so sorry your heart is aching like this and I know the gap that Merlin has left will never be filled, except from the love that he must be sending to you today.

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Debby, I remember the day so well. It was a terrible, terrible day for you and so many of us here on TCS, knowing you had lost your Merlin.
Big hugs for you today my friend.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you all so very very much from the bottom of my heart. You have helped to ease my pain.

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Merlin was very lucky to have found you during his time here on earth. He is watching from the bridge and patiently waiting until you two can be together again.

nan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Debby,
I am new here so I did not know about Merlin until now.
My thoughts and prayers are with you as you must mark the one year of loss.
My cats are my kids too so I understand your pain.
Love and Life,
Nan