One very docile kitty with the vet

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't get Boone and Gracie until after the pandemic started so I've never seen how they act with the vet. But I can imagine that Boone would be very similar to that cat. He is a very chill laid back cat. Nothing ever bothers him. Gracie though??? I am glad that I haven't seen her. Girl would embarrass me more than likely. She is the polar opposite of Boone. Never sits still and into everything.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not all cats hate the vets. My three all hate the car trip, but generally don't seem to mind the visit itself. They visit with the reception room cat, explore the examining room and purr for the vet techs. They definitely don't like temperature checks, but aren't traumatized by that. I don't know whether they like the "curb service" trips during the coronavirus epidemic, though.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not all cats hate the vets. My three all hate the car trip, but generally don't seem to mind the visit itself. They visit with the reception room cat, explore the examining room and purr for the vet techs. They definitely don't like temperature checks, but aren't traumatized by that. I don't know whether they like the "curb service" trips during the coronavirus epidemic, though.
Boone and Gracie are the first cats that I've had that don't mind car trips. We are only 15 minutes from the vet and halfway there, they are asleep in the carrier. I had one cat that L-O-V-E-D temp checks. She would purr and purr and purr. :eek3:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kitties all cry and cry and cry on way to the vet's.

GreyLady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, mine do too.. They all react differently inside though. Grey cat purrs like a motor (as he does whenever he is touched. But I think also some nervous purring too) and puts up with it all. They need to use alcohol under his nose to get him to stop purring to hear his heart. Noodle and Bonnie are scared and sit there with their tails between their legs looking very sad :(

The cat in the video is calm but not in a "I have given up, eat me" way. Wish mine were that calm!