One, two, three… and then there were five 😵‍💫😂… and one more! Cheaper by the dozen theory??

Mistawis22

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, I’m new to the site, but not new to cats, lol. But really interested in learning more about them!!😍

We have nine cats atm- and nine radically different personalities. Don’t ever believe anyone who says cats are all the same- definitely not the case. I stand by at least a dozen cats to classify as a crazy cat lady… lol

I didn’t plan to ever have cats again after losing my two albinos that were my life. But then one day saw a friend trying to get rid of a kitten they had picked up and then
and since we could not have children and she had the funniest little half and half face -I fell for her like a ton of bricks. That was our Cecily, otherwise known as CiCi. She is as I’ve just found out a blue tortoiseshell/ white dilute? If I understood correctly. Made the mistake of just getting her which in hindsight would never do again but you live and learn. She was our spoiled only baby for a couple years and then we started taking in a neighbors cat with heart issues that they were not willing to treat.
Sparta is a big old boy, 18 lbs and is a brown classic tabby.
Somewhere along in there, a tenant abandoned his Pumpkin- we found her there starving three weeks later. She was crying in the bushes and my husband heard her. ( I cannot hear so I didn’t know she was there )But I knew her name and once he told me he heard a cat crying I guessed what might have happened and called her by name and she came to me. We couldn’t find a home for her so she moved in with us. Then last year was the summer of the kittens- mostly thanks to our neighbors.:-/ I was positive we would never get any black cats because CiCi is cross eyed and has issues with anything dark or black, and I was partial to white cats anyway so then of course we ended up with lots of dark/ black cats. Murphy’s law! 😵💫 Long story short( I know; too late 😂) , we ended up taking in five kittens from three different litters. One we found in our driveway, two were from a rescued street litter and two from the same neighbors that gifted us the others. The five are best of buds and hang together in their own little pack. Edmund (Eddie) is a black tuxedo, Edelweiss is a white spot something or other and her sister Victoria is a blue gray tuxedo, Midas Shadow is a black mackeral ( shadow) tabby? and Raya his sister is a classic brown? tabby. On top of the five, we had a stray cat show up after Hurricane Ida and he never left. Took a few months before I could handle him but he is now my sidekick, albeit the most difficult one we have due to aggression issues. 😵💫He is Big Mac, and he is a brown mackerel tabby. We may end up having to find other homes for a couple due to incompatibility issues but so far we’ve stuck in there.
That’s our current family- thanks for taking the time to meet us! :)

Attachments

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Gorgeous group of cats, you have there. :catlove:
Thanks for rescuing them, and giving them loving homes. :redheartpump::petcat:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
character-cartoon-cat-say-hello-with-flower-background_77984-110.jpg
Mistawis22 and kitty gang, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
JN001__02379.1471462848.1280.1280.jpg
to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Lovely kitties you've got here! :redheartpump: :hearthrob: Do post more photos of them and there are some special threads just for your kitties here in Bi-color kitties only!, Show Me Your Stripes And Spots! Tabby Cats Only ;), Black Cats Only, Post pics of calicos, tortieshells and orange cats here!, Tuxedo Cats ;) and many fun threads here in Fur Pictures and Videos Only! to showcase what your kitties are up to.

Also there is a current Photo of The Month contest going on and if you have a photo that fits the description, do enter it - Featured - Competition: Picture of the Month, November 2022 - Cats Kissing!

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mistawis22

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Y’all are so kind 😭 thank you for loving on my mismatched kitties even if they aren’t showroom varieties! I love everyone of them and call them by name- they all know their names, and everyone else’s too. 🤔😂 In addition I have been blessed with volunteering at a rescue in the area and helping find a home for older cats since they have my heart- so many of them and not so easy to find homes as for kittens. This is partly what piqued my interest in learning more about colors and breeds; etc. Blows my mind how many unique cats there are!!😍🥰😻🫶🏻

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mistawis22

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Welcome to you and your beautiful clowder! We're so happy to have all of you here! OH, and BTW, "rescue" is my favorite breed of all!
Honestly never crossed my mind to begin with. But then one and two and after that, you start seeing the need is so great and what can you do but open your heart and home?

Refiner

Big two-legged kitty mom
Kitten
Purraise
I love your beautiful clowder of rescue kitties. :redheartpump::blush:

Last edited by a moderator:

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
M Mistawis22 welcome to our little group here and i love all your babies! i am also a cat lady lol i started being one at 5 years old with my cat named timothy , he was a orange tabby . we have lots of forums here and the social forums are great ! and there is a game forum too if you like playing word games and such