One of these days, Jack is gonna fall in again..........

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He has an absolute fascinatation with the water trough, and MUST drink when I am filling it. Tonight was no exception. Cleaned and rinsed the trough, as usual, started filling it, and the horse came for his drink, then Jack knew it was his turn (he finally learned that horse + water + cat has only one outcome, that being a wet cat). He hops up on the rim, looking eagerly at the water rising and figured he could reach it. Hunkered down, braced his front feet against the inside and began to drink. He doesn't realise the new hose fills MUCH faster than the old one, so as he was happily lapping, the water crept higher and higher. He was so intent on his drink he didnt realise he was getting wet feet until the water went up past his wrists. I wish I would have taken at least the phone with me.......would have made a wonderful picture - Jack draped all over the trough and his front feet in the water. All the cats share water with the horse, but none is so dedicated to getting a drink of running water as Jack.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
That's so cute. If you can get a picture, I'd love to see it.

My GF has a cat who loves to drink from a running faucet in the bathroom sink. She'll jump up on the sink and meow pitifully until my GF turns the faucet on at a slow drip. Whent the cat has had enough, she'll meow a quick "Thanks, Mom!" and jump down.