One of our own needs lots of prayer for rescue of feral cats

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Laura Kile suffered severe burns and smoke inhalation during the fire as she sacrificed her own safety to free as many animals from the burning house as possible.

Kile awoke to the sounds of her smoke alarms and screaming cats, as reported by Fox13. The rescue worker, however, was focused on the safety of both her own and foster cats, breaking windows and opening cages to ensure they weren't trapped.

She reportedly tossed cats out of the burning home and continued to rush back in the house to find and help more, until firefighters forced her to stop.

Kile is a well established cat rescue worker in the Bay Area and has reportedly helped find thousands of cats and kittens their forever homes, as well as running adoption events at weekends across St. Petersburg.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I try to be pretty tough when it comes to following info about cats and their guardians. Not this time. Impossible. This is worst nightmare for guardians and rescuers. My heart is breaking for Kile and the kitties. She is one of the greatest heros of all time. My prayers will be ongoing and never ending.Passing this on.

Last edited:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As a person who set her own house on fire accidentally about 22 years ago trying to heat up fondue oil, I understand the panic of finding pets and getting them outside as quick as possible. The dog was easy. Open sliding glass door and throw him outside. Ferrets easy too. Grab cages and take them outside. Of course the PITA one was the freaking cat! Couldn't find her and the fire had blown out all the lights and it was night time. Searched around on my hands and knees until I found her hiding under the bed in a spare room. Grabbed her and threw her into my car. Not a night I want to ever happen again.