One Of My Cats Its Always Meowing At Night

JuanMontero

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, everybody

Recently me and my wife adopted a male partner for a cat we rescued a year ago (both are spayed). Everything has gone great with them, and they are best buds, playing happily all the time. But a month ago something new had happened. When the new cat stop playing for taking a nap or just rest for a while, the other start meowing for some minutes. It happens on daylight and, recently, in the middle of the night, between 3 and 4 a.m. I interpreted this behavior as a longing for the company of the other cat, as if he gets bored when find him self alone. What can we do? Our sleep quality has decreased notoriously and, on the other hand, we want that both cats feel happier as possible. Thanks for your valuable insight.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So, it is your first cat that is meowing when the new one stops paying attention to him? Is there any other behavioral changes in the new cat - something that could suggest a potential health problem that might change the way he is interacting with your first cat? Not exactly the problem you are trying to address, but if there is something going on with the new cat's health that can be resolved, it might solve the meowing problem with your first cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JuanMontero

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So, it is your first cat that is meowing when the new one stops paying attention to him? Is there any other behavioral changes in the new cat - something that could suggest a potential health problem that might change the way he is interacting with your first cat? Not exactly the problem you are trying to address, but if there is something going on with the new cat's health that can be resolved, it might solve the meowing problem with your first cat.
The new cat's behavior is normal and constant: play with my first cat part of the day, sleep, play again, and turn to sleep. It's just that, when my new cat want to stop and rest, the first -if not sleeping too- start to meaowing

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Your first guy just can't get enough of his new companion. He sounds like he is saying "where have you been all my life?" (in his 1 year - lol!). I think this will likely settle down on it's own. Crummy advice from your perspective, I am sure!

rosegold

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I’ve been having the same issue, so I’m interested to hear how your cats progress or if you find any tips that work for you! In my case it’s the new cat meowing for the old cat at night—she’s totally in love and wants to be by the other cat’s side 24/7. I think playing hard with both cats before bed has helped somewhat, but I’m still pretty sleep-deprived. Right now I’m trying to have a stricter routine overall so that the cats will hopefully have a similar schedule of sleep and play.