One of my cats has passed away

Lillyenn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat Bubbles passed away. I feel so bad I remember asking for advice here back in spring because she did not like taking pills or any medication.

I knew from the moment when her excessive vomiting and shredding started back in may that this can't be anything good, but no matter how many times did we take her to the vet we never figured out what was the problem. She was doing so great in the summer like a completely healthy cat and I was so happy I thought the hardest times have passed. Hell even just last week she stole a cooked chicken breast from the stove and then only 4 days ago this switched to vomiting up food undigested then not wanting to eat at all. We took her to the vet 2 times and they gave her a bunch of stuff but it was apparently too late. After the first night she seemed to be a little bit better but yesterday my mom bought her home in worse shape than she ever was. She was sometimes breathing rapidly and she was crying a lot which was unusual because she was not a vocal cat (and it was so scary and sad to listen to that).

I suppose I knew that she didn't have much time the moment she was uninterested in food (she was the most food motivated cat ever) but I hoped that she can still recover so much. She passed away today and there's so many things I wish to write about her last days but this is already such a long post. I'm just so devastated not only was she my favorite cat ever but I only buried her son in 2020 december and now not even a year later I had to bury her too meanwhile her bloodwork is still not ready and I wasted all of my money and her precious last days on earth at the vet.

I first joined this site when she bought me her kittens and that was such a joyful moment of my life, but now I only ever come here when I have to write about something bad or troubling. I honestly don't think I will ever recover from her death. She was way too much of a perfect cat for that to be possible. And now I never get to hear her purr again, or see her begging for food silently with her adorable staring or great me excitedly when I get home. And the worst thing is that she was only around 3 years old. I see people grieve their 10-20 year old cats all the time (I will too if I'm lucky and my remaining cats don't also end up sick) meanwhile I couldn't even get 5 years with her. I'm just so done with life.

Attachments

vr1994

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. I have recently lost a kitten at only 5 months old and it has absolutely broken my heart. I still feel very guilty and miserable and there is not a day that goes by where i don't think about her.
She was only with me for 2 very short weeks but i formed a bond with her like no other pet i have ever had. Somehow it feels even worse because i feel like we have both been robbed of precious memories and time we could have spent together.

Please just know that your Bubbles knew how much you loved her

Sending you lots of love & hugs ❤

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When a cat passes at that tender age, there is most likely a genetic condition that was unknown up until that moment. Cats are masters at hiding disease or pain, so often things are not brought up until it is too late.
Giving up on life would be the last thing sweet Bubbles would want for someone she loved so very much. She would want for you to go forward, to add to the love already in your heart that she left for you, to help her live on through you now. How do I know that? Because that is love, and exactly what you would want for her if you were the first to go.
Please try not to dwell on her last days, it changes absolutely nothing and only brings heartache. Concentrate instead on those wonderful three years you spent with her and what she left behind for you to continue on with. She will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers, love is spiritual, so eternal. You built a very strong bond with her, your souls are intertwined and always shared. There is no truer saying than "don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened".......
My thoughts and prayers are with you, we would all welcome a tribute to her life when you are up to it. May you be blessed for hurting so bad from loving so much......RIP dear Bubbles. You will always be missed, you will forever have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
This is so so sad, I am so sorry that you lost your little friend like this, but sadly these things just seem to happen to us and the strain feels too much to bear....but with time we DO start moving again, the sun does come out again and we can somehow press on. You did all you could for her, it sadly was just her time to move on, but she is fine now and one day you will meet again and it will be wonderful again.

We just sadly have to endure the pain and heartache until it lessens, but the homeopathic remedy Ignatia Amara can help your body naturally adapt to the intense grief, you may want to research it.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am so sorry for your loss, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lillyenn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The worst thing is how much my other cats simply remind me of how much I miss her. She was such a constant companion not just for me but for my other cats as well. She was always there somewhere calmly observing from the background, and every single cat who ever met her, loved her. And now I just have 3 cats who kind of tolerate each other (maybe not even that in bad moments). Plus my 2 other adult cats like to be outside more than inside. She was the one who was always here with me and the kitten. So now the whole house feels incredibly lonely without her presence.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Bubbles, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

I am so sorry. I know how hard the two of you fought to keep her with you. This I also know, that love never dies, it only changes form and continues on, translated and purified into Love. And now, from That Place Where All Things Are Know, Bubbles sends that Love back to you, to walk beside you down through all your days. It will remain with you until, in the fullness of time, you meet again in joyous reunion.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lillyenn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just can't get over it. In the week before Bubbles died a little kitten also wandered into our garden. And we tried our best but we had our busiest week ever and the kitten was also sick. So before we could took it to the vet the kitten (who looked so much like my Bubbles face-wise) also died. Then after I was done with what I thought was my worst week ever Bubbles got awfully sick (unrelated to the kitten's problems) and we spent my entire savings at the vet (money that I would have needed for college travelling) and then she died and now my backyard got a cat graveyard, I have no new kitten, no Bubbles, no money, and it's currently 2:55 am and I can't sleep. Back when my other cat Kovu died, I was just sad. But now I'm also so ****ing angry. Why can't anything good ever happen to me? Why can't my cats live 10-15-20 years? My two other indoor-outdoor cats are around a lot more, and my indoor only cat Szaffi is driving me insane everyday, yet my house still feels empty, my garden still feels empty and I'm supposed to have college classes next week that I have no enthusiasm for whatsoever. I hate my life and I hate my health issues but at least so far I had my happiness because of the cats. But now I'm just waiting for when something bad will happen to one of them again.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's still early day's yet. Unfortunately anger is something that goes with grief especially when we lose one so young. And you have certainly been through it. I too had the overwhelming feeling of something would happen to my other cat. And became hyper vigilant for a while. The only thing that served was absolutely nothing because nothing bad did happen. It sounds like your other cat's are picking up on your sadness and are trying to comfort you. Especially your indoor Szaffi, my boy became very clingy even looking for affection from my hubby somthing he had never done in two years before. The cat's will be grieving too. Sending hugs for you.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have often felt the way you do, and then my husband tells me, "look around you, no matter how bad you think you have it, there is MUCH worse, look at that boy in a wheelchair, look at that vet with his face burned off, look at people who have had their whole family murdered, you don't have it so bad...." You are grieving, it seems the whole world is against you, now is the time to count what you DO have, not what you don't. You get to go to college, you HAVE a garden and cats that rely on you and love you. You are alive, you are capable of making more money. Do something for yourself, something simple, something you enjoy. You need to take care of you, sit down and hold that cat that is driving you insane, he is trying to love you. Tell him what's wrong and he just might help you. Your life will change, it always does. Concentrate on what you do have, and think that the sun will still come up tomorrow, the world will go on. There is always a light at the end of a tunnel. It doesn't seem so right now, but you have to get around that next curve in the road.....