One More Time

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm 6 months away from turning 65 years old and have been thinking lately about things I miss doing from my younger days. So I'm doing my own version of a bucket list. For example: I miss getting on a bike and just riding up and down the street. So I'm saving for a bicycle so I can do that again. I miss watching Saturday morning cartoons and coloring in coloring books, so I'm going to do that again. I miss going to my parents old place in the country, so once the time comes that I can: I am planning on going down there just to the public campground to relive my youth. Hope I'm making sense here.

Is there anything anyone else misses doing from their youth or childhood?

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I miss being able to do absolutely anything in public and getting away with it because I was a cute kid, lol. I would always wear my dress up clothes to the shops and nobody would bat an eyelid - though I'm sure a few heads would turn if I went out shopping in a fairy or superhero outfit now!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Halloween parties are good for that. If you celebrate that is. Or a Cosplay. Do you have those in England?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One of the best parts of having kids is getting to do some things like that over again. DH got me a bike this spring and we all went to a park to ride. Sometimes I stop doing adult things and play board games. I get to read children's books. I do miss sledding. We don't have the hills for it here when we do have snow. Maybe someday we can take a trip in the winter to some place colder. Some ski resorts have a section for snow tubing.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I miss Brenneman's Drug store where I could buy a cherry Coke or a phosphate, made with real syrup and
carbonated water, only 5 cents. I was allowed to walk there alone when I was 5! A different time......

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I've been wanting a bike. I used to bike all over the place when I was a kid. Rick says I'm not allowed to have a bike unless I wear a helmet, gloves, knee pads, and, preferable a Michelin Man suit. I'm really dopic; if anybody would fall on a bike and break their neck, it would be me.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister and rode our bikes all over as kids,and I loved it! I bought a bike several years ago for myself.Can't ride the dang thing as my balance is so bad and I am scared to death of falling,so I guess that's out.I do have a stationary bike ...just not the same...lol!I remember going to the local pharmacy in Rhinebeck...Schemmerhorns I believe was the name....and getting a real cherry coke...never was a phosphate fan...and their fries were to die for!

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I rode a bike that my father won at a raffle that the local Western Auto store held one year. I covered a lot of miles before the tires got dry rot and split, so it then was walk or stay home- and we lived out in the sticks. Also, when I was in high school, at the end of the school year was 'Regents week', for the state-level final exams that were 3 hours long each. When I had more than 1 a day, I would walk 'downtown', such as it was, to a place called The Candy Kitchen where you could get a banana split for 50 cents, and they used 2 bananas, 4 scoops of ice cream, drowned it with hot fudge, and a cherry on top. What I really miss, though, is the ability to actually eat one of those. Never again.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember those regents exams...oh my!and I was a regents student!I can remember back in the day those big sundaes that my hubby used to plow through like they were nothing.Now though...no way!

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember those regents exams...oh my!and I was a regents student!I can remember back in the day those big sundaes that my hubby used to plow through like they were nothing.Now though...no way!
Yep; pencil and paper, and show all your work.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am 10 months away from my 65th, so know how you feel! Since my husband was a railroader, we got to retire at 60, but still looking forward to Medicare and getting off this expensive insurance!
I truly miss the long walks to get anywhere and the energy and stamina to perform them. I still love walking, but not miles every day like when I was young. I used to walk 4 miles to go swimming. We weren't driven anywhere at all, 1 mile to school, 2 miles to my first job, and 1.5 miles to downtown and those fabulous hot beef sandwiches at O'Conner's dept store at their diner. I guess after eating all those, I stayed skinny with all that walking!