One more color/marking question!

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww they're so pretty! Aren't Maine Coons the best? I have a solid black Maine Coon girl (Roxy.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

moonpie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks - They are wonderful. My 1st Maine Coon, Cowboy, was a brown classic tabby - he died a couple years ago, when he was about 16 years old. He was such a cool cat, we knew we wanted more!

sol

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by NorthernGlow

You can also see ticked tabbies in lots of other breeds (like BSHs of course
).

Where is ticked tabby not approved for MCOs? It's approved in FifÃ[emoji]169[/emoji] and TICA, also the Maine Coon Breeders & Fanciers Association lists it as an approved color. CFA propably doesn't approve it as they seem to have very strict color list (atleast for BSHs..)?
Except from CFA the GCCF doesn't approve ticked tabbies. Ticked tabby is just as chocolate, lilac and colorpoint is thought to be a sign of outcrossing with other breeds which wouldn't be acceptable for a "natural breed".

I don't breed Maine Coons so I don't care which colors that are approved or not but I do see the point with trying to ensure that a natural breed is a natural breed and not a product of outcrossing with other breeds.

sue beardslee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cay, Gypsy 
 has the same colouring although she has shorter fur. She lives with us in Wanganui, New Zealand.