One Has To Go.....Fruit!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Watermelons are only good for shooting, squashing, or being fired from a giant sling. (I have never done or personally condone any of these actions - but I've seen it done on TV.) I hate, hate, hate them! :barf:

Imagine this scenario: You are at a pool party. Someone walks up and says proudly, "I brought a...WATERMELON!" You are expecting to hear: I brought a chocolate CAKE! For a minute you are just confused. :paranoid: Then you realize you heard correctly. :bawling: You heard correctly! :bawling:

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Watermelon. While I like watermelon, I don't like paying the premium for pre-cut bits (which might not even be all that good), but now that the kids are almost all out of the house (only one left), can't get through watermelon fast enough before it turns--plus it makes such a mess and takes up so much room.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I grew up on a farm and there was always a big garden. We had the old Black Diamond watermelons and they were really good. They spoiled me and I now rarely get a good one. I have found if I wait until late summer the chances of getting a good one are better, I just finished one that was good. They are still raised but they can't be raised this far north because the growing season isn't long enough. Texas and Oklahoma are known for them. I grew up in Kansas and we were able to raise them.