One has to go--carbs!

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
~ I recently dropped all of those starch/sugar foods. Lost 30 lbs and blood glucose level coming down - thankfully .
Live & learn ... :hellocomputer:
I am down nearly 35 pounds. I cut down on carbs and am still working on bringing down my sugar intake. I say all of the above can go. Not while I am still losing weight. BTW Congrats on losing that weight. 🙂

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
I am down nearly 35 pounds. I cut down on carbs and am still working on bringing down my sugar intake. I say all of the above can go. Not while I am still losing weight. BTW Congrats on losing that weight. 🙂
~ Good for you ..! We are finally learning the results " hidden" starch/sugars have on our metabolism and health. I recently came off BP medication I had been taking for years. ;)´

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
~ Good for you ..! We are finally learning the results " hidden" starch/sugars have on our metabolism and health. I recently came off BP medication I had been taking for years. ;)´
:clap::clap2: Congrats on achieving that. I need to get my cholesterol retested soon which was very high the last time it was tested.😱 I hope it has gone down alot. I did it before through diet and exercise, I believe it can be done. I am keeping the Saturated fats down to 10 grams a day. I am not going back to eating junk food. I learned my lesson for life. 🙂

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
:clap::clap2: Congrats on achieving that. I need to get my cholesterol retested soon which was very high the last time it was tested.😱 I hope it has gone down alot. I did it before through diet and exercise, I believe it can be done. I am keeping the Saturated fats down to 10 grams a day. I am not going back to eating junk food. I learned my lesson for life. 🙂
~ Watch your triglycerides & inflammation markers more than cholesterol. You may want to learn about the effects of niacin on cholesterol. This is what I take :
CNT272.jpg

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
~ Watch your triglycerides & inflammation markers more than cholesterol. You may want to learn about the effects of niacin on cholesterol. This is what I take :
View attachment 394144
Thanks for the tip. I am taking Garlic and CoQ10 right now. I get Niacin in my multivitamin. I also drink a lot of Green Tea, so hopefully all that helps. I really don't want to take Statins. Bringing it down naturally is best in my book. Well, I hope everything is still going well with your weightloss. Have a great day. 🙂

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
Why do we have to choose? ;) I love rice even though I don't eat it often. I just cannot choose although I did go without bread for a while but then how do I eat a BLT :flail:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It supposed to be better carb wise I thought though
It may be, but that's not the point. All rice naturally has some arsenic, but it's on the surface, so when it's polished, much of the arsenic comes off. If you ate brown rice all day, everyday, it would take a while for the arsenic to have an effect.